View Poll Results: Favorite movie with a cameo by a tiger?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Hangover (2009)

2 50.00%
  • Apocalypse Now (1979)

1 25.00%
  • The Jungle Book (1942)

1 25.00%
  • The Disney one (1967)

0 0%
  • Swiss Family Robinson (1960)

0 0%
  • Tropical Malady (2004)

0 0%
  • Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)

0 0%
  • Flying Tigers (1942)

0 0%
  • What's Up, Tiger Lily? (1976)

0 0%
  • The Tiger Woods Story (2011)

0 0%
    Forum Regular

Best movie with a cameo by a tiger.

Okay, I finally got around to watching The Hangover and decided to start this poll. It's got pictures a la Smokey, although it turns out that it's pretty hard to find stills of scenes with tigers in them. It's possible that people find them too frightening to look at. It also turned out to be difficult to think of ten movies that feature tigers, but I did my best!

The Hangover (2009)
    I personally would've been more scared of Mike Tyson than a tiger. At least the tiger's motivations are clear. Tyson seems a lot more unpredictable.

Apocalypse Now (1979)
    "Never get off the boat! Never get off the boat!" 'Nuff said.

The Jungle Book (1942)
    I wore this one out when I was a little kid, kind of the perfect age to watch it (all of the colonialist overtones were lost on me, but not the action and adventure). Mowgli is pretty much a badass.

Disney's The Jungle Book (1967)
    Remember when Disney made that spin-off TV show that cast all of the Jungle Book characters in a WWII-era adventure serial? That was weird.

Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
    Another one that I watched incessantly as a child. I wonder how many other kids dug holes in their backyards to trap tigers or made Rube Goldberg-like tree forts? Today there would be lawsuits.

Tropical Malady (2004)
    Ok, this is one that most people on here probably haven't seen but that I think is awesome. It's a Thai film from director Apichatpong Weerasethakul that's broken into two halves with the same story told twice: the first half is a literal story of a gentle romance between a soldier and a farm boy, and then the second half is a metaphor where instead of a man, the farm boy is a tiger and he eats the soldier.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977)
    Man, Tigger was about the least menacing tiger ever committed to film. He even has an advantage over other tigers with his ability to bounce (up trees, over walls, etc) but does not use it to eat people. LAME.

Two Brothers (2004)
    I haven't seen this particular film but evidently Guy Pearce makes two baby tigers fight... awesome?

Scarface (1983)
    Remember when Tony Montana was so rich that he bought his own tiger? Okay, I don't, but Google says that it happened.

Rocky (1976)
    This film is about Sly Stallone eating a tiger's eye to give himself magical strength, or so is my understanding.

-Coop

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Hey, how come I can't actually vote for Tigger.

You're missing the point about him. The wonderful thing about Tigger is...Tigger's a wonderful thing.

He's so misunderstood.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    There's no Tiger in Crouching Tiger.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    And Tiger Woods is hardly a tiger...just a grungy 'ol tomcat.

The Hangover kills. Even if Apocalypse Now is a 'better' movie.

There was a tiger in Kung Fu Panda too.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    ...and boned and deboned mean the same thing...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    The Hangover was meh...

ok it di'nt suck or anything, it just wasn't bust-a-gut funny like everybody I know thinks it was. Glad I didn't blow a movie night out on it.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Cooperberg
    Okay, I finally got around to watching The Hangover and decided to start this poll. It's got pictures a la Smokey, although it turns out that it's pretty hard to find stills of scenes with tigers in them.
    Don't worry, You still get a greenie from me for the effort since I know how sometimes time consuming is to find a right image that is right size and linkable as alot of web sites will not let you hot link images from their site.

Even before scanning your list, one movie with tiger that quickly comes to mind is Disney's World Greatest Athlete with John Amos, Tim Conway and Jan-Michael Vincent. And a tiger they try to hide from the landlord.

But from your list, I have a weakness for Scarface, so have to choose that one

Kam
    My favorite all time is the old Disney classic "The Sultan and the Rockstar" with a young Timothy Hutton right before his big debuts of Ordinary People and Taps.
    /create

Suspended
    No one's mentioned the Beatles HELP! There was a tiger in it. It was part of a plot to kill Ringo while he was wearing the sacrificial ring. I believe the "savage beast" was soothed by music played by the Queen's band.

Thread Information