Jayne Mansfield

Jean Simmons
    [IMG]]http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Mptv/1332/0956_0066.jpg[IMG]

Jane Russell

Jeanne Moreau

Brigitte Bardot

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by jim goulding
    I don’t know, Rich, maybe it’s easier to inhabit a character (she had film to study, I’m sure) than invent one like Fonda so convincingly did. There was someone on the Oscar nominee list running with Theron who I thought had done as good a job but that serves no purpose cause I don’t remember who is was. I agree that Theron’s performance was worthy...
    Regardless...

Esquire magazine names Charlize Theron its 'Sexiest Woman Alive' for 2007

LOS ANGELES - Charlize Theron has an Oscar, a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild award. Now she's Esquire magazine's "sexiest woman alive."

Past winners of the title include Jessica Biel, Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johansson. The issue featuring Theron hits newsstands Oct. 16. Theron talked with the magazine about growing up on a farm, her political interests and her work, including her latest movie, "In the Valley of Elah," a murder mystery set among U.S. troops newly returned from Iraq.

"I wanted to make the movie precisely because it evades formulas about guilt," the 32-year-old actress said. "I'm drawn to ambiguity."

Theron also candidly discussed her least favourite film, "Reindeer Games."
    "That was a bad, bad, bad movie," she said. "But ... I got to work with John Frankenheimer. I wasn't lying to myself - that's why I did it."

Theron won an Oscar for her role in "Monster." Her screen credits also include "North Country" and "The Cider House Rules."

And how could we forget The Cider House Rules? A very powerful movie in which she REALLY had it going on in my opinion.

Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Regardless...

Esquire magazine names Charlize Theron its 'Sexiest Woman Alive' for 2007

LOS ANGELES - Charlize Theron has an Oscar, a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild award. Now she's Esquire magazine's "sexiest woman alive."

Past winners of the title include Jessica Biel, Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johansson. The issue featuring Theron hits newsstands Oct. 16. Theron talked with the magazine about growing up on a farm, her political interests and her work, including her latest movie, "In the Valley of Elah," a murder mystery set among U.S. troops newly returned from Iraq.

"I wanted to make the movie precisely because it evades formulas about guilt," the 32-year-old actress said. "I'm drawn to ambiguity."

Theron also candidly discussed her least favourite film, "Reindeer Games."
    "That was a bad, bad, bad movie," she said. "But ... I got to work with John Frankenheimer. I wasn't lying to myself - that's why I did it."

Theron won an Oscar for her role in "Monster." Her screen credits also include "North Country" and "The Cider House Rules."

And how could we forget The Cider House Rules? A very powerful movie in which she REALLY had it going on in my opinion.

Heard that on the radio this morning. I was going to add it to this discussion but ya beated me tood it!!! I don't know about her being all that sexy. I'd rather have Angelina Jolie, sexy, emotionally damaged and freaky deeky to boot. But that's just me.

Da Worfster

Shout out to Skies for the best photo of Veronica Lake I've ever seen and the rest altho that's BB's mug for Jeanne Moreau. Speaking of whom, I'm a big fan along with Juliette Binoche. Claudia Cardinale . . one of the sexiest women ever born!. Nicole Kidman is one for our day and what I like about her is that she choses very diverse roles without too much concern for the budget. When I saw Hillary Swank in Boys Don't Cry, I thought they could retire the Oscars cause she set a new high mark. But not higher than Klute's Fonda in the big picture! Glad she got the credit she deserved. She got spit to play that part, I've read. That was then.

I think Teona Leon was great in Fun With Dick And Jane. Lit it up! Lot of laughs in that flick. Rich, you see Charlize Theron in 2 Days In The Valley? She launched her career with that one and it's easy to see why. Radha Mitchell was introduced in an underground flick I can't recall the name of but I saw it where she played an ambitious jr editor for a trendy NY magazine and then showed up in Pitch Black. Good move.

And as I've said elsewhere, Natasha McElrone, stones me.
    Last edited by jim goulding; 10-11-2007 at 01:29 PM.
    designer/manufacturer of custom made time and phase correcting real wool surrounds

Shout out to Skies for the best photo of Veronica Lake I've ever seen and the rest altho that's BB's mug for Jeanne Moreau. Speaking of whom, I'm a big fan along with Juliette Binoche. Claudia Cardinale . . one of the sexiest women ever born!. Nicole Kidman is one for our day and what I like about her is that she choses very diverse roles without too much concern for the budget. When I saw Hillary Swank in Boys Don't Cry, I thought they could retire the Oscars cause she set a new high mark. Glad she got the credit she deserved. She got spit to play that part, I've read. That was then.

I think Teona Leon was great in Fun With Dick And Jane. Lit it up! Lot of laughs in that flick. Rich, you see Charlize Theron in 2 Days In The Valley? She launched her career with that one and it's easy to see why. Radha Mitchell was introduced in an underground flick I can't recall the name of but I saw it where she played an ambitious jr editor for a trendy NY magazine and then showed up in Pitch Black. Good move.

And as I've said elsewhere, Natasha McElrone, stones me.
    Yeah, the stupid post didn't work when I tried to load up the picture for Moreau.

Picture of Jeanne Moreau

This is the picture that was suppose to post for Jeanne Moreau, but below you get two pictures of Brigitte Bardot....not that it's a bad thing!

Oh, myyyy, that is nice! Come back, Rich!
    designer/manufacturer of custom made time and phase correcting real wool surrounds

Oh, myyyy, that is nice! Come back, Rich!
    Jim,

Have you ever seen the Cranberries music video for their hit song LINGER directed by Melodie Mcdaniel? She also directed Madonna's SECRET music video. I attached the YouTube of the video in case you never saw it before. It's by far one of the best send-up music videos ever produced, especially towards the French New Wave and also demonstrates why The Cranberries were one of the best acts in town. You might notice some immediate references to Jean Luc Godard's ALPHAVILLE, which I also posted some pictures of.

Without a doubt one of the greatest Science Fiction works!

Speaking of ...

Maria Bello...

Did anyone else see/enjoy THE COOLER (2003)??? It was highly overlooked and few people have seen it as it slipped under the radar, even with William H. Macy, Alec Baldwin, and Bello.

Three more I forgot...

Annabella Sciorra

Julia Ormond

Sophie Marceau

Yep. I saw The Cooler. Bello was seriously good. Critics like her. Maybe that will translate to us seeing more of her. She got some critical recognition in that flick with Viggo M., too. The one where he plays a hitman in hiding.

Yep. I saw The Cooler. Bello was seriously good. Critics like her. Maybe that will translate to us seeing more of her. She got some critical recognition in that flick with Viggo M., too. The one where he plays a hitman in hiding.
    That would be Cronenberg's underrated HISTORY OF VIOLENCE. Excellent film.

Mutant from table 9
    Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    That would be Cronenberg's underrated HISTORY OF VIOLENCE. Excellent film.
    If you thought History of Violence was underrated (I did too) then you'll be interested to hear these interviews if you haven't already.
    http://www.npr.org/search.php?prgId=13&text=cronenberg

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information