Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Forum Regular
    I am the one who has the gear . You have never said what you have. I can only assume you do not have the cables or different players to choose from. I live in NC. E-mail me and we will make the necesary arangements.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Well...

...speakers are the most obvious. Most companies have a consistent "voice" in the various models across their entire line...it's their particular take on "hi-fi"...they may manufacture bookshelf, floorstanders, etc. larger models may produce "more" bass...but they all seem to have a certain quality that ties them together, a "signature" if you will...

SS and tubes would seem to have specific "colorations"...as can most every piece of gear...now I think I hear the wheels a-turnin'..."AHA! So things CAN sound different!" Yes, they can...the question is "better or simply different"...world of difference. The constant debate 'round these parts is: can anyone demonstrate, under controlled trials, the ability to arrive at objective results that are statistically relevant.

jimHJJ(...but then again, that's just my take on things...)

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 996turbo
    I am the one who has the gear . You have never said what you have. I can only assume you do not have the cables or different players to choose from. I live in NC. E-mail me and we will make the necesary arangements.
    And using your own gear is a critical part of the entire point. Your claim is that you hear these differences in your system. You never claimed to be able to do so with someone else's.

I'd have Mr Nousaine or whomever buy their own ticket. After all, they could be witnessing "science in the making" and that would certainly be worth the price of an airline ticket! You've agreed to provide the proof they demanded and they want you to pay all their expenses, too??!!?! That doesn't seem proper to me. But, and I may be wrong here of course, I lean towards thinking you're setting yourself up for failure, Mr Turbo! Good luck.

Forum Regular
    If it is failure I will accept it. I am interested to see if the others are willing to put their beliefs up to personal scrutiny.

I have had many friends components in my system and could tell the differences immedietly.

As far as if something is different or better. We do not know with any scientific measurements we can only say to ourselves that this or that is better. We may know in the future when the test equipment comes available but until then we have to believe there are no differences or believe that there are and await the data.

I'm sorry 996turbo, I understand you're trying to make a point with this, but I have to lock this thread simply because of the title. We've been working on changing the hostile attitude around here the past few months, and thread titles like this simply won't do anymore. I'll ask that you try and make the same point without calling people idiots. If we allowed this to remain open, it would send a message to others that we are not serious about the "no-flaming" policy we're trying to enforce.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread Information