Forum Regular

My CD changer is crap, I need a new one.

I'm looking to spend around $150 or less. Suggestions please....

At 150 they all pretty much sound the same. Pick the one with the feature set you want and go with that.

If you can stretch your budget to 300 you would have all kinds of options. But the other question is what does the rest of your system consist of ?

If you can stretch things check out NAD, Marantz and Integra.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    The Sony 355 has been good to me --it even sounds pretty good. less than $200...around $167.00US. 300 disc changer.

consider used ?

Used Marantz CD67SE players go for around a buck fifty on Ebay. I know this because I in have one that I'll be selling in a few weeks. Not hucking my unit, just saying this is a good player for 150 if buying used doesn't frighten ya.

Resident DVD Reviewer
    I second the vote for MARANTZ CD CHANGERS ---- I have one --- the CC67 ---- and its just awesome; the sound quality, the gold plated track buttons on front.....there was a LIMITED EDITION that bumped my $400 model off the market, and it was like $700 but I didnt go with it.....the CC67 (while in storage right now because I moved) does the job just fine hooked to a receiver.....even using the analog RCA outs (which I do; the DIGITAL OUT is reserved for going direct to a Marantz DR700 CD recorder) the sound is premium on these Marantz units. I recommend their CD changers wholeheartedly, and their CD burners (for audio use).

Suspended
    You didn't say how many discs you wanted your unit to hold. Not so long ago I went to a mass market store looking for a cheap changer for my little girl. I wanted a 5 disc changer and listened to a Denon, Onkyo and Yamaha. The Yamaha was $149.00 and that was the one I bought because I thought it had the best sound. The Denon and Onkyo both had better bass definition but the Yamaha gave strings a more natural sound and just sounded like a much more expensive player. I was impressed for $149.00 and those who have read prior posts of mine know I am not usually a Yamaha fan.

Thread Information