Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Acoustics

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    I told you guys before that I' am trying to find a speaker that I will be happy with and it's hard since I' am very picky guy that is in a budget.
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

I' am really serious but for a guy like me it's really really hard to find what speakers that I will be happy with and to keep them forever. Since most speakers I find always has something that's not good like maybe not enough lows or too much highs or not loud as I want them to be etc.
    Dallas's Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    I told you guys before that I' am trying to find a speaker that I will be happy with and it's hard since I' am very picky guy that is in a budget.

Then you never will be happy then until you up your budget to at least $250 and forget about computer speakers.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by SVI
    I' am really serious but for a guy like me it's really really hard to find what speakers that I will be happy with and to keep them forever.
    So you are saying that you never plan to buy a real audio system? You plan to listen to MP3s on your Laptop forever?

Why don't you listen to the ones you have now, or one of the ones below for a few weeks. While your listening to the nice vibrations of the plastic boxes, contemplate getting a job.

Quote Originally Posted by SVI - from 10:25 same day other post
    The best top speakers I liked so far are the Bose Companion® 2 Series II since they have the auto tonal control so it adjusts the bass and treble by itself and also because it has alot of deep low bass for it's size and I also like the Philips MMS321/17 speakers since they are cool looking and have high end neo magnets plus 80 watts of power.
    By the way, you said your dad is a drummer on a CD. What does he listen to music through?

Sony WalkMan

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    The best top speakers I liked so far are the Bose Companion® 2 Series II since they have the auto tonal control so it adjusts the bass and treble by itself and also because it has alot of deep low bass for it's size and I also like the Philips MMS321/17 speakers since they are cool looking and have high end neo magnets plus 80 watts of power.
    10:16 P.M.

Yesterday for the $48 since it was only sale I got the Cyber Acoustics CA-2908 USB powered speakers and I like it since there are no messy wires and it's compact and portable. It has a 2in woofer and a 1in Myler dome tweeter. It goes from 68hz to 18khz. It also have the volume control and mute control and a headphone jack to connect headphones to it. It also comes with a nice durable carring case to put the speakers in. It says it perfect for notebook PC and that's what I have.
    2:02 P.M.

What the **** is wrong with you, you little crack weasel!!?? In the span of 8 hours and 14 minutes you've already discarded the speakers you bought yesterday from your "fabulous favorites" list? Why'd you buy 'em in the first place you twit?!!

Ok I see now that you guys are really getting upset at me but all I was doing is trying to say all of the good parts of each speakers so that's why I say the parts I liked about them the most. BTW if you guys are going to start being mean to me again I will leave this forums and never return since I remember you guys doing the same thing few years agao but it seems it's getting worse as the years go by. If this doesn't stop then I have no choice and I will leave and delete my account here and never be here again period..........
    Dallas's Forums

Ok I see now that you guys are really getting upset at me but all I was doing is trying to say all of the good parts of each speakers so that's why I say the parts I liked about them the most. BTW if you guys are going to start being mean to me again I will leave this forums and never return since I remember you guys doing the same thing few years agao but it seems it's getting worse as the years go by. If this doesn't stop then I have no choice and I will leave and delete my account here and never be here again period..........
    For the first time in many years, I can't think of anything to say.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I' am saying it's getting worse is since now people are starting to cuss and use bad words and using words that are very mean like Bobsticks uses.
    Dallas's Forums

being mean is something that sometimes can be stronger than ourselves...

we try to say you that you should stop buying speakers every day, and you should save that money and buy a real system with it. Then you'll be happy, and you won't need to get another pair of speakers anymore...

remember that, ok?

the reason some people here are mean is that they get frustrated, we tell you things, give you advice, spend (valuable) time on you, and you just NEVER EVER listen. you buy something, tell the same that you said with the previous speaker (oooh, it sounds good, and it's real clear and crisp, and it goes loud, and it has alot of bass, and it's compact, and bla bla bla, just check it, you say that with EVERY pair of speakers you EVER bought.), after you said that, we respond that you should save money and buy something good for a change, and at the same time, we're happy, because you finally found something that you liked. And the next day, you're back saying that you already bought new speakers because you didn't like the previous ones.

I mean, please, listen sometimes...

So tell me, what have you learned from this post?

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Suspended
    OK, Bye!

I believe we'll all be terribly heartbroken...

Maybe Bobsticks wasn't being mean at all and I mis understood what he said but I just thought when he said this.

"What the **** is wrong with you, you little crack weasel!!?? In the span of 8 hours and 14 minutes you've already discarded the speakers you bought yesterday from your "fabulous favorites" list? Why'd you buy 'em in the first place you twit?!!

I thought he was saying the f word and being very nasty but sometimes I assume things the bad way too much but I think he wasn't being mean at all and I was just thinking too much. I just didn't know those **** mean but I think it's nothin to worry about and everyone is happy. I' am sorry that I thought he was being mean and saying bad words.
    Dallas's Forums

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Maybe Bobsticks wasn't being mean at all and I mis understood what he said but I just thought when he said this.

"What the **** is wrong with you, you little crack weasel!!?? In the span of 8 hours and 14 minutes you've already discarded the speakers you bought yesterday from your "fabulous favorites" list? Why'd you buy 'em in the first place you twit?!!

I thought he was saying the f word and being very nasty but sometimes I assume things the bad way too much but I think he wasn't being mean at all and I was just thinking too much. I just didn't know those **** mean but I think it's nothin to worry about and everyone is happy. I' am sorry that I thought he was being mean and saying bad words.

On the other hand maybe he was. If you can put a positive spin on crack weasel and twit well you go boy.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    On the other hand maybe he was. If you can put a positive spin on crack weasel and twit well you go boy.

I wonder what a crack weasel looks like when it's running away from an approaching vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by GM
    For the first time in many years, I can't think of anything to say.
    It's okay GM. I understand.

I missed all the Spanky soul-searching yesterday didn't I?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by basite
    being mean is something that sometimes can be stronger than ourselves...

we try to say you that you should stop buying speakers every day, and you should save that money and buy a real system with it. Then you'll be happy, and you won't need to get another pair of speakers anymore...

remember that, ok?

the reason some people here are mean is that they get frustrated, we tell you things, give you advice, spend (valuable) time on you, and you just NEVER EVER listen. you buy something, tell the same that you said with the previous speaker (oooh, it sounds good, and it's real clear and crisp, and it goes loud, and it has alot of bass, and it's compact, and bla bla bla, just check it, you say that with EVERY pair of speakers you EVER bought.), after you said that, we respond that you should save money and buy something good for a change, and at the same time, we're happy, because you finally found something that you liked. And the next day, you're back saying that you already bought new speakers because you didn't like the previous ones.

I mean, please, listen sometimes...

So tell me, what have you learned from this post?

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Okay, I think I know what's going on here. Bert picked spanky as the subject of his college Psychology thesis. Bert, if you ace it, let me know. I have a few family members...

Maybe Bobsticks wasn't being mean at all...

Okay, Dallas, I'm gonna try this once and only once. Sometimes in the adult world people say things that are shocking or extreme or even mean sounding to get a reaction from someone else. Think of it like an alarm clock and and a wake-up call.

...and just to be clear so there are no excuses:

1) I don't care that you're gay
    2) I don't care that you're limited
    3) I don't disrespect you because you're on a budget
    4) I don't have a problem with you trying to be involved with this site, in fact I commend you on finding the correct category to post your threads on computer speakers...

...but what drives me crazy is your refusal to think before you type something. I understand that technological advancement is rapid but things don't change in a matter of hours. They just don't. Something is not "the best" and then 16 hours later something else is the best just 'cause you got a ride to Best Buy (see, I was so irritated on the other post I couldn't even add).

What if one of the readers was interested in computer speakers and read your posts? They'd be as confused and indecisive as you are. Clearly and unenviable position.

I'm gonna tell a story Dallas and I want you to read it. My company is very involved in community service and I try to stay involved. It keeps me grounded and reminds of the times that I was not so fortunate and it was through these activities that I met a girl named Kimmie. Kimmie is probably close to fifty years old with the IQ of a 5th grader, in addition to being severely physically handicapped. I'm saying she has a hard time making up stairs. This little woman gets on the bus several times a week and goes to her job at a restaurant where she rolls silverware. Through these efforts she earns extra money to buy extra things she likes, most notably toys.

I have almost nothing in common with her but I respect her nonetheless. Obviously she is taking action to keep busy, involve herself with other people and to get things to make her freetime more pleasurable. To the best of her abilities she speaks with a passion about her passtimes and values everything that she has, both given and earned.

You could be like this Dallas. Trust me, you are far less limited than many people and if you wanted you could go out and earn enough to buy a decent introductory system of which many would be proud. I'm saying be more like Kimmie. Evidently you are at least halfway there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Okay, I think I know what's going on here. Bert picked spanky as the subject of his college Psychology thesis. Bert, if you ace it, let me know. I have a few family members...

just playing around

although, you did give me a nice idea there

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Well as I said on my other post on the Philips topic I really am happy with the Philps one the most after all the speakers I tried. The second best I think are the Bose but I think that the Philps are much durable build and design. Also it maybe true that Bose speakers are really priced high since that advertise alot and need money on that but I do think Bose speakers are good. But I see that brands like Philips which isn't advertised alot can sell better speakers in lower price. That's why I think that these speakers are $60. I bet you that if Philips was advertised like Bose is then these speakers I have would be at least $100 pair like the Bose speakers I use to have. What also really sucks is that Bose will not allow any dealers to sell there speakers at lower price no matter what. I also noticed that Apple is like that too but oh well I guess. I guess if I ever want to get Bose again I will have no choice and have to pay the retail price. I really think Bose makes really interesting speakers and systems like the Wave Radio. I know that Bose home speakers have that direct/reflective thing that makes the speakers sound like you are in live concert and what's interesting is that Bose attends to make speakers that sound more like a live concert. Most speakers like JBL or other brands focus on accurite sound towards your ears. Like studio monitors are. I still really like JBL alot but there affordable speakers are now NOT affordable anymore like thay cost twice as much as before. Since they added that usless ultra high freq drivers on all of there home speakers. I don't think you need those since human ears can't hear higher than 20khz. So why would JBL or some other brands make speakers that can go soo high and cats or dogs can hear. I can only hear upto at most is 18khz and anything higher I hear nothin. But I heard some people say that if a speaker can go higher than 20khz then at 20khz it's more flatter response since it won't dip down at 20khz like most speakers are. So maybe then you can hear more high sounds that are in the 18khz range that my ears can hear. But I don't know since that's what I heard from some tech guys and some people that are into audio.

BTW: I was just really excited that they came out with soo many different kinds of speakers so I was just wanting to try them all out and pick the one I enjoy the most within my budget.
    Dallas's Forums

Another thing is that before like 4 years agao I was soo obbsessed with JBL that I didn't care about any other speaker brands since I always thought that JBL was number 1 in any speakers. Part of that is my dads fault since his the one who told me JBL and EV are the best speakers ever and also my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder made me trust my dad soo much that I didn't care any other brands than JBL. That's why in the past everything I got was pretty much JBL speakers like the JBL S26, JBL S38 and JBL Control 1 Xtreme. I sold all of them and my receiver since I needed money for my boyfriend Adam so that why I lost everything pretty much. But since now I tried so many other brands now I realize that other brands make good sounding speakers too. I use to never like Bose since I always thought Bose sucks and doesn't sound good at all. Plus my dad said that Bose is more for home use not pro so then I think that meant Bose was bad but after listening to some Bose I did noticed thay aren't that bad as I thought they were. But just the price is really expensive I noticed and no dealers sell them at lower price that whats on Bose.com. I also would never of picked brands like Philips or Cyber Acoustics etc since back then I thought they all sucked and sounded bad and built bad but now I noticed that since I tried them at home they weren't bad at all. Expecialy my Philips MMS321/17 speakers they are soo cool looking plus the sound is amazing for it's size even without the sub. Also it's made of stainless steal on the enclosure and stand. Also it has high end neo magnets which I really like alot since they pack alot of power for it's size. Plus they are lighter weight than Ferrit magnets. But the biggest thing I was soo impressed is that these got 80WATTS I mean that's alot of power for such a small compact speakers without a sub.
    Dallas's Forums

Looks like he is here to stay.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Looks like he is here to stay.
    ok and is that a BAD thing??? Anyways as long as you guys understand me and go with the flow I will stay here but please no more being mean to me or say bad things about my new speakers and then we will all be happy. I have my ways of trying speakers and usualy I want to try everything I' am interested at home since it always sounds different from home to the store display. As matter of fact most speakers aren't displayed so I have to buy them and try them at home. I also learned that it's best to try the speakers at home if possible since then it's in the room I will listen to my music and I will know forsure how they will sound.
    Dallas's Forums

Ajani
    my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
    Finally, some real insight into your behaviour... Not to be mean, but I think you'd be better off spending more time at your therapist (trying to cure (or at least minimize) your condition) and less time at Best Buy trading out computer speakers.

ok and is that a BAD thing???

No but I do wish you would listen to members after you ask for opinions. Several of us think if you would stick with one speaker for a few months you might save enough for a good pair of speakers. Most are truly trying to help you but frustrated when they type a lengthy response only to be ignored.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Finally, some real insight into your behaviour... Not to be mean, but I think you'd be better off spending more time at your therapist (trying to cure (or at least minimize) your condition) and less time at Best Buy trading out computer speakers.
    Ahh excuse me of cource I have been with a great therapist for more than 4 years. It is not simple to fix OCD. I even take meds for it but it only helps it doesn't fix it completely. Also there is nothing wrong with exchanging speakers untill you are happy with one forsure ok. I know people who are really into sound are like this. Basicaly people who are audiophiles are very obsessed with audio. But usualy those people have alot of money and are able get the top line stuff but for people like me who are in a budget they try out as many speakers as they want to see which they like the most out of them all. So in a way people who are real true audiophiles geeks have OCD since they are soo much into audio.
    Dallas's Forums

Also there is nothing wrong with exchanging speakers untill you are happy with one forsure ok...
    That's true but what you do is get one, come here and pronounce to all of us how it is the bestest and greatest...and then change the next day. The system I have is many times more expensive than yours but I would never say that it is the best in its class. I'm happy with it and it's evolving, so that's what I say.

Some are getting upset with what seems like a lack of effort on your part to improve your position. If you're so limited that you can't go out and get a job then so be it. At the same time does it make any sense to continuously claim that something is the best and then change immediately? Seriously, does that make sense to you? Do you not acknowledge that is exactly what you've done?

Answer me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information