AR Newbie Registered Member

Best video on DVD, sound not important

Folks, I am looking for a advice. I would like a dvd player with really good video characteristics and an opitcal out. I don't want to pay for the high end DAC on the audio side when my Lexicon will be doing the procesing.

In reading the stats on DVD players I see that most of the mid range DVD players have 54MHz/10-Bit Video DAC Conversion while the higher end ones have 12-bit Video DAC conversion.

I notice the $129 Sony DVPNS725P has 12 bit video DAC w/ 108Mhz processing. Does that mean that the video is high end and, presumably the audio is cheap?? If not what do you recomend for a good video/optical out box?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jhendric2002
    Folks, I am looking for a advice. I would like a dvd player with really good video characteristics and an opitcal out. I don't want to pay for the high end DAC on the audio side when my Lexicon will be doing the procesing.

In reading the stats on DVD players I see that most of the mid range DVD players have 54MHz/10-Bit Video DAC Conversion while the higher end ones have 12-bit Video DAC conversion.

I notice the $129 Sony DVPNS725P has 12 bit video DAC w/ 108Mhz processing. Does that mean that the video is high end and, presumably the audio is cheap?? If not what do you recomend for a good video/optical out box?
    The Pioneer 563a has been getting rave reviews from every source around and is able to play DVD-A and SCAD. I have the bigger brother Pioneer Elite 45-a and it shines in 480 Progressive mode. If you really want to test get Black Hawk down( high def transfer) and try on each unit and see for youself.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Thread Information