THC no THD!

Thinking about some Kimber Kables

VS Series 8VS size for my Alpha 50 mains only. Anyone know a good place to buy Kimber Kable? Would appreciate any Kimber remarks at all, thanks.

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    They look really cool! Get the KS 3038's. Sorry I can't be more constructive.

Canuck!
    Buy Used. I always recommend buying cable used because there's not a whole lot of wear and tear you can get on it, plus its usually more than 50% off the list price and you can sell it for the same amount (or more) if you've tried it an hear no difference. Just hit up AgoN.

Gershman Acoustics X-1/SW-1 / Odyssey Stratos Extreme Monoblocks / Edge Electronics Si-1m Preamplifier / Sony DVP-NC555ES Transport Modded Caps and Opamps / Pro-Ject Debut II with Shure M97xE / Carver TX-11 Tuner / SonoCable and Harmonic Tech Cabling / Monster Power HTS1000 MKII / Monster Power HTS3500 MKII / Audio Note AN-K/Spe / Radii MSKT88 Monoblocks / SonoSilence One / Akai Reference Master

I have some 4VS. I got 3 runs of 8ft. for $35 shipped, off ebay. That comes out to about the price of new 4PR.

New 4VS is like $3.89/ft I believe. So 8VS will be very expensive. I suggest buying used. Ebay is a good source(as well as Audiogon as mentioned, along with many other used cable sites).

I have found making "Kimber Kable" like wires to be more fun, but the braiding in their speaker wire would take too long. Copying their "tri-field" braiding is as simple as asking anyone who has made a bracelet(as a kid). Takes seconds, and then you can buy nice connectors off partsexpress(or if you are like me, you have spares sitting around in boxes!?!?!).

Here are two examples I have made. I also redid the wiring on my phonograph, as well as braidied up 4 strands of 20 gauge wire, in a tri-like braid for my surrounds(low-fi pro logic system, so it isnt very important).

and you can see my 4VS hanging out from the rear of my speaker:

Thread Information