Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Regular
    JNeutron,

the data described in this powerpoint presentation, is it something you've seen before? It discusses, among other things, binaural time discrimination and that a high bandwidth for accurate localization is not required.

http://world.std.com/~griesngr/intermod.ppt

T

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    You misunderstood me, obviously.
    Ummm...no.

But obviously, my humor missed the mark..I guess you have to be here to see the guys..

Don't worry, I won't give up my day job..

John

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_A
    JNeutron,
    the data described in this powerpoint presentation, is it something you've seen before? It discusses, among other things, binaural time discrimination and that a high bandwidth for accurate localization is not required.
    http://world.std.com/~griesngr/intermod.ppt
    T
    Hadn't seen it before. Thanks for the link.

Wish there were page numbers I could refer to...

His assumption that nyquist rate is enough to preserve zero crossings is incorrect. Unless he considers the rate as based on the 2 uSec lateralization. Which would mean a 1 Mhz sample rate..I believe he is referring to 22Khz as base freq.

There is subharmonic generation that he did not account for. Of course, nyquist theory does not allow for it anyway, even though it is there.Nyquist theory equations are based on having the entire sample available for reconstruction, whereas all consumer DAC's rely on real time current samples, or overclocking..but no consumer equipment takes the infinite length datastream, and reconstructs as nyquist theory assumes. I am not even aware of any consumer product doing a look ahead at the data stream, to take advantage of a symmetrical window for reconstruction.

They state 2 uSec is "well known"...While Nordmark has 1.5...close enough.

Nordmark improves lateralization discrimination by introducing jitter.

They used ultrasonics..

There is a relation, but neither have closed on it. This is just two data points, someday it will be learned. But, the study does not say we can hear the ultra...just the effect it has on perception of the audible stuff...that is exactly the same thing Nordmark found..

I'm surprised they have ear response as zero crossing, compression only..I recall some study showing both rarefaction and compression, with an associated response relation, rarefaction (I think they called it condensation) having half a millisecond (memory?) delay w/r to compression.
    Thanks again for the link.

Cheers, John

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jneutron
    Ummm...no.

But obviously, my humor missed the mark..I guess you have to be here to see the guys..

Don't worry, I won't give up my day job..

John

Then yes, it did miss the mark
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    Then yes, it did miss the mark
    HoooooHoooooo...tough crowd...

Got the mosfets for the welder..18 pcs of a IRLZ34N-ND. Gonna use a wall wart for 12V..Don't have the cap bank yet.

Looking at PC vendors; PCBexpress, PCBFABExpress, PCBpro, and expresspcb, for the switch circuit for the welder. It's gonna be a variable voltage, variable current pulser. I want it to be flexible enough to weld from #14 down to about #40 wire without vaporizing it. May come in handy for future IC's, loads, and speaker wires.

I'm gonna learn the vendors, as I want to make some pc boards for amps using existing personal stock: 10 pcs 220 VA toroids and 20 LM3876T's...they're burnin a hole in my pocket..

Cheers, John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information