Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Power cables??

Suspended
    Yeah, but Ajani I would use the orange ones. You know construction cones are orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    A101, I have not upgraded the Quintet power cord. I figured it's a conditioner why would it need an upgraded cord. PSA suggests it but I thought they were just trying to sell another cord. I will give it a try.

I've run the Quintet I am reviewing with the Granite Audio #560 and it made a slight noticeable difference with the AVA gear I have, which comes with power cords built in. HAHA! beat that Frank. Nah, just playing, just wanted to see if I could hear a difference. And yes, I could. The bass beefed up, beats were a bit punchier and I think there was a bit more detail, but I can't remember. I am for sure certain that the bass improved though.

So to recap - that is - wall socket -> GA#560 -> PSAudio Quintet -> AVA pre & amp which have built in cords that are very thin.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    I've run the Quintet I am reviewing with the Granite Audio #560 and it made a slight noticeable difference with the AVA gear I have, which comes with power cords built in. HAHA! beat that Frank. Nah, just playing, just wanted to see if I could hear a difference. And yes, I could. The bass beefed up, beats were a bit punchier and I think there was a bit more detail, but I can't remember. I am for sure certain that the bass improved though.

So to recap - that is - wall socket -> GA#560 -> PSAudio Quintet -> AVA pre & amp which have built in cords that are very thin.
    The trickle down effect is fantastic, there is not really much differnce from the PC's after you put your best at the conditioner, what recepticals do you use? I changed my 6.95 home depots out for the Power port premier and heard lower noise and more sound stage dept and what seems to be effort less dynamics. Video is a whloe story to it self, still cant get over the picture qaulity.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    I'm surprised the AVA gear has cords hard wired on.

Suspended
    I do intend to put a power cord with the Quintet soon. Those Power Ports I need worse. Time to get an order together.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Yeah, but Ajani I would use the orange ones. You know construction cones are orange.
    Good point, the orange ones would likely make better power cords, while the white ones are best for speaker cables and interconnects...

Quote Originally Posted by audio101
    The trickle down effect is fantastic, there is not really much differnce from the PC's after you put your best at the conditioner, what recepticals do you use? I changed my 6.95 home depots out for the Power port premier and heard lower noise and more sound stage dept and what seems to be effort less dynamics. Video is a whloe story to it self, still cant get over the picture qaulity.
    Yeah I heard similar good things about the power port premier. Those things r only $100, right? Might be a great investment.

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    I'm surprised the AVA gear has cords hard wired on.
    Yes, so was I.

Forum Regular
    Yeah I heard similar good things about the power port premier. Those things r only $100, right? Might be a great investment.
    Got mine at music direct they let me have it for 84.00, just ask they may give you a discount, or mabe it was because I ordered the Quintet and Soloist Premier along with it overall I saved 10% on everything.The construction is similar to the well regarded R-1 without the high price tag and better lows from what I hear. Face off is needed between the two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information