Forum Regular

How to wire Dayton compression style banana plugs..

Hey all,

Here are the plugs in question:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=091-330

Now, I know how to wire them if I were willing to run the wire in from the side...but..

Does anyone know how to wire these if I wish to run the wire from the 'bottom' up the hole in the hole in the center of the 'screw'?

I would think that I would bring the wire up the hole, and than over the compression plug and than screw it tight?

But the problem is that I simply can not fit my 12g wire past the compression plug..

Any ideas?

C

Like An Umbrella

Quote Originally Posted by cjtalbot
    Hey all,

Here are the plugs in question:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=091-330

Now, I know how to wire them if I were willing to run the wire in from the side...but..

Does anyone know how to wire these if I wish to run the wire from the 'bottom' up the hole in the hole in the center of the 'screw'?

I would think that I would bring the wire up the hole, and than over the compression plug and than screw it tight?

But the problem is that I simply can not fit my 12g wire past the compression plug..

Any ideas?

C
    Up through the hole and spread the wires like an umbrella around the screw in part.
    Trim the wires so none touch threads.
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

Forum Regular
    Thanks man, that makes a ton of sense.

Canuck!
    You can use either hole.. you can use the hole in the sides if you wish, that will allow you to piggy back another banana in the back for example if you are using Banana Jumper Cables.

I have these bananas and i dont like them.. they are not sized right when i plug them into some binding posts they "pop-out" ... i've also have problems with the other Dayton Bananas.. the more expensive black ones.. the fins on the bananas got all mashed out and no longer spring.

Gershman Acoustics X-1/SW-1 / Odyssey Stratos Extreme Monoblocks / Edge Electronics Si-1m Preamplifier / Sony DVP-NC555ES Transport Modded Caps and Opamps / Pro-Ject Debut II with Shure M97xE / Carver TX-11 Tuner / SonoCable and Harmonic Tech Cabling / Monster Power HTS1000 MKII / Monster Power HTS3500 MKII / Audio Note AN-K/Spe / Radii MSKT88 Monoblocks / SonoSilence One / Akai Reference Master

Thread Information