Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Forum Regular

Angry

Another thread that has deteriorated into show me show me show me, what starts out as an honest post gets turned on it's head with the intended question always getting lost. Some people respond with sincerity while others do nothing but challenge just for the sake of opposing that view regardless of it's merit. People like E-stat and Obiemax always provide worthwhile knowlege and are upfront with their experiences and quite frankly make naysayers on this board look silly most of the time. To be honest I find hearing differences between cables easier than between some components, especially cd players and I don't have or need to produce scientific data to prove it to anyone. I have my own ears and mind to do that for me. BTW I have a mandatory hearing test once a hear as part of my employment obligations and always finish in the top 10 of over 6000 employees. So maybe I hear things that some people on this board can't and that might be why their always demanding documentation for proof because they don't have the ability to do the same.

Forum Regular
    Some people respond with sincerity while others do nothing but challenge just for the sake of opposing that view regardless of it's merit. People like E-stat and Obiemax always provide worthwhile knowlege and are upfront with their experiences

And how are you equipped to tell their worth? Is it good? Is it bs? Useless? Obviously you cannot differentiate. You only look for something to confirm your beliefs. No wonder you believe their story.

To be honest I find hearing differences between cables easier than between some components,

I like honesty. But, is it reality? You have no idea. Never will know what is imagined, what is real.

I don't have or need to produce scientific data to prove it to anyone.

Of course not.

I have my own ears and mind to do that for me.

Don't forget your eyes too. A dead giveaway of the answers. Oh, yes, confuses the issue of hearing just when you need it most.

BTW I have a mandatory hearing test once a hear as part of my employment obligations and always finish in the top 10 of over 6000 employees.

Ah, and that gives you immunity from imaginations, biases, etc, right?

So maybe I hear things that some people on this board can't

Or, what you don't hear.
    Actuall, what we hear is really irrelevant. What is relevant is what you claim to hear and what you can demonstrrate to hear in an objective manner. Obviously you are not up to that task though. You need your eyes to tell you the answers, what you think you hear.

and that might be why their always demanding documentation for proof because they don't have the ability to do the same.

Actuall, you are still imagining things.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by zappafreak
    NO, I ONLY WANTED TO KNOW WHO ELSE HEARD THIS AND BELIVES IT.
    AS STUPID AS IT SOUNDS, MAPLESHADE ACTUALLY SELLS SPEAKERWIRE STANDS. I DON'T RECALL WHERE IT WAS THAT I READ ABOUT SEPARATING
    THE +/- LEADS BUT SUPPOSEDLY THEY SHOULD BE KEPT AT LEAST 3IN. APART
    TO DECREASE IMPEDANCE. THIS STUFF SOUNDED SO GOOFEY TO ME I JUST HAD TO ASK ABOUT IT!
    ZF

By the way, you need to use lower case letters, ecept wher upper is appropriate

Yes, separating and those telephone poles are bogus as well, as much more of what is claimed in audio
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    Tell me mytry, in the spirit of scientific openness, what equipment do you listen to?

rw

How is that relevant to what you can demonstrate with all your claims for audibility? Or, others claims of audibility?
    ZERO.

I enjoy my boomoxes.
    mtrycrafts

Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    How is that relevant to what you can demonstrate with all your claims for audibility? Or, others claims of audibility?
    ZERO.
    Agreed. I ask for a different reason.

Most music lovers and audio hobbyists usually like to share such information . I rather liked Skeptic's description of his system and how it came to be. Many of us have been working on our systems for decades and our experiences take us down different paths. I for one rather like the exchange.

rw

Forum Regular
    Some people respond with sincerity while others do nothing but challenge just for the sake of opposing that view regardless of it's merit. People like E-stat and Obiemax always provide worthwhile knowlege and are upfront with their experiences

And how are you equipped to tell their worth? Is it good? Is it bs? Useless? Obviously you cannot differentiate. You only look for something to confirm your beliefs. No wonder you believe their story.

To be honest I find hearing differences between cables easier than between some components,

I like honesty. But, is it reality? You have no idea. Never will know what is imagined, what is real.

I don't have or need to produce scientific data to prove it to anyone.

Of course not.

I have my own ears and mind to do that for me.

Don't forget your eyes too. A dead giveaway of the answers. Oh, yes, confuses the issue of hearing just when you need it most.

BTW I have a mandatory hearing test once a hear as part of my employment obligations and always finish in the top 10 of over 6000 employees.

Ah, and that gives you immunity from imaginations, biases, etc, right?

So maybe I hear things that some people on this board can't

Or, what you don't hear.
    Actuall, what we hear is really irrelevant. What is relevant is what you claim to hear and what you can demonstrrate to hear in an objective manner. Obviously you are not up to that task though. You need your eyes to tell you the answers, what you think you hear.

and that might be why their always demanding documentation for proof because they don't have the ability to do the same.

Actuall, you are still imagining things.
    Hey Mtry you must have auto-response on your computer because your post all look the same and if I could hear you would probably sound the same as well. Would what I'm hearing from you be challenged by yourself to prove I am hearing what you are actually saying. Or is it the placebo effect and it is really Skeptic I'm hearing? Gosh this is so difficult!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdef
    Hey Mtry you must have auto-response on your computer because your post all look the same and if I could hear you would probably sound the same as well. Would what I'm hearing from you be challenged by yourself to prove I am hearing what you are actually saying. Or is it the placebo effect and it is really Skeptic I'm hearing? Gosh this is so difficult!

I didn't think you'd have anything of imprtance to say. You certainly demonstrated it.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Many of us have been working on our systems for decades and our experiences take us down different paths.rw
    I enjoyed my boomoxes for that long instead of wasting time on useless stuff.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by okiemax
    GEE-WHIZ, why didn't I think of that ! People can't talk to their dead relatives, and this of course proves listeners can't hear a difference between power cords. Hey skeptic, if you are reading this, there is no need for further attempts to answer my question. With a dazzling display of scientific brillance, mtrycraft has once again found a shortcut to the truth.

You are still missing an imprtant aspect in all of this. That is the problem.
    Both are testable. Either it can happen, or it cannot, or, when it happens, why and what circumstances it happens under.
    You cannot accept that.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    John Edwards probably does talk to dead relatives.

Well, that is not what really happens if you watch any of his shows. He relays what they tell him, supposedly
    His clients don't talk to them either but listen to what John has to say

Now, my skepticism comes in when those people claim the dead relatives talk back!

See above

Also, I know first hand of a case of alien abduction as it happened to someone that works at my company. A bunch of Mexicans illegally entered the U.S and made off with him AND one of my company's semi trailers! It's TRUE!

My fault You are right, of course.

Please don't make me correct you again!

Cannot promise you that. Short memory But I have you to remind me.

And since we're talking about power cords, yes they do make a difference. Try firing up your stereo without one sometime!

I remember that comment of mine, from time to time

Same with interconnects and speaker wire. See? I just solved a BUNCH of arguments and I have zero technical knowledge. You guys make this stuff too hard!

That is why we have you here to make is simple
    mtrycrafts

I enjoyed my boomoxes for that long instead of wasting time on useless stuff.
    Ok, that's a good start. I have a older Sony CFD-55 tape/CDP. What type do you favor?

rw

DMK
    Forum Regular
    "His clients don't talk to them either but listen to what John has to say"

He gets PAID for this??!!? And with all this knowledge of his shows, you still post here. For free. . Actually, I've never seen the show. I'm still flabbergasted over this Ernest Angley guy who heals people on tv. They all pass out. Thankfully, someone catches them before they hit the floor. It would be embarrassing if they landed and screwed up the bad back that Ernest just cured them of! . Of course, since they're right there, a repeat performance would be in order!

"And since we're talking about power cords, yes they do make a difference. Try firing up your stereo without one sometime!

I remember that comment of mine, from time to time "

Ok, I admit it - I, too, purloin on occasion. But you are the most quoted and quotable guy on A/R, no?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DMK
    Ok, I admit it - I, too, purloin on occasion. But you are the most quoted and quotable guy on A/R, no?

Of course
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    You are still missing an imprtant aspect in all of this. That is the problem.
    Both are testable. Either it can happen, or it cannot, or, when it happens, why and what circumstances it happens under.
    You cannot accept that.
    Of course the power cord claims are testable. What I am not missing is your claim that an after market power cord has never made an audible difference compared to a stock cord. I will quote you from your 2-28 reply to Zappafreak on the subject of such differences: "As to an audible difference, hogwash." What I cannot accept is your double standard of demanding proof when others make claims, while never offering proof to back up your own claims. These people have at least tried what they are talking about. As far as I know, all you do is sit in your chair.

Forum Regular

huh?

Yes, separating and those telephone poles are bogus as well, as much more of what is claimed in audio
    why?
    zf

Forum Regular

Talking

I didn't think you'd have anything of imprtance to say. You certainly demonstrated it.

And your pointless challenges are? I don't think so! And you demonstrate it a lot more on this board than I do . You should listen to your system more often, it might help.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdef
    You should listen to your system more often, it might help.
    How will that help you hear audible differences under DBT?
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Ok, that's a good start. I have a older Sony CFD-55 tape/CDP. What type do you favor?

rw
    I don't listen to tape anymore. I am not partial to any one but I think mine may be JVC. Good price.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by okiemax
    Of course the power cord claims are testable. What I am not missing is your claim that an after market power cord has never made an audible difference compared to a stock cord. I will quote you from your 2-28 reply to Zappafreak on the subject of such differences: "As to an audible difference, hogwash." What I cannot accept is your double standard of demanding proof when others make claims, while never offering proof to back up your own claims. These people have at least tried what they are talking about. As far as I know, all you do is sit in your chair.

What will you accept? Anything? How do you prove a negative?
    Oh, where are the proofs of differences? That needs to be demonstrated first. Why do I need to waste my time on foolish things?
    These people can try till the cows come home. That doesn't make them audibly different from one another.
    There is no positive demonstration for audible differences in power cords. Period. So, any such claim is indeed 'hogwash.'
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular

Mapleshade, Haa

Have you even looked at a Mapleshade catalog? My god. CD treatments. Wood block. Speaker cables made from what looks like aluminum foil coverd in clear pastic. They must make a killing. Everything in the catalog is grosley over priced and looks like it was made in China for pennies. Even if they only sell a few hudred units they must make a ton of money. Now why couldn't I have though of doing something like that? Oh well, I guess having morals doesn't get you rich quick at the expense of others

Forum Regular
    What will you accept? Anything? How do you prove a negative?
    Oh, where are the proofs of differences? That needs to be demonstrated first. Why do I need to waste my time on foolish things?
    These people can try till the cows come home. That doesn't make them audibly different from one another.
    There is no positive demonstration for audible differences in power cords. Period. So, any such claim is indeed 'hogwash.'
    JEEZ ! Suggesting you experiment with cables is like suggesting the WCTU experiment with getting drunk. Oh well, you probably are too hadicapped by your dogma to be objective anyway.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckman
    Have you even looked at a Mapleshade catalog? My god. CD treatments. Wood block. Speaker cables made from what looks like aluminum foil coverd in clear pastic. They must make a killing. Everything in the catalog is grosley over priced and looks like it was made in China for pennies. Even if they only sell a few hudred units they must make a ton of money. Now why couldn't I have though of doing something like that? Oh well, I guess having morals doesn't get you rich quick at the expense of others
    Welcome to the world of audio tweeks.You ain't seen nothing yet! Mapleshade is only the tip of the iceberg. Check out the AA Tweek Forum:

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tweaks/bbs.html

You will see many unusual suggestions on how to improve audio performance for little or no money. I haven't had much luck with the few tweeks I have tried, except for using small dabs of poster tak (aka Blu Tak) to secure speakers to stands. I paid Staples about $2 for more of this stuff than I ever expected to use, but have since found it to be a very good removable adhesive for general use around the house.

Do the speakers sound better on poster tack than on the spikes that came with the stands? I don't know, but the stuff sure does a good job of keeping them from being knocked off the stands. Someday I'll do a sighted comparison to find whether I get more of a placebo effect from the poster tak or the spikes.

Forum Regular

Cable lifter mania on AUDIO ASYLUM

Check out the problems these true belivers think they have when they lift and separate the cables. http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/twe...ges/97064.html, and for a fuller discussion http://www.AudioAsylum.com/audio/twe...ges/96517.html
    The're really into this and in the 1st "DISCUSSION" a poster gets in trouble for being a little bit too snippy with another poster.
    BIZARRE!
    zf
    Last edited by zappafreak; 02-18-2004 at 05:41 PM. Reason: MORE

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by zappafreak
    The're really into this and in the 1st "DISCUSSION" a poster gets in trouble for being a little bit too snippy with another poster.
    BIZARRE!
    zf

Thanks for the link, Most here are aware of the extreme view at AA abouyt most things audio That is why they created the cult web site.
    Cults are bizarre indeed
    mtrycrafts

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information