Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar

Are Cables Decent for the Cost?

I have been reading this forum, and have found some speaker wire that I would like to purchase. Just wanted to run them by you guys for some imput. I was looking at the Liberty Wire here... http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/s...cable.html#lib I am looking at the 500' run of 12AWG or 14AWG. I am wiring for HT and will have to runs to the rear speakers about 45'. Unfortunatly, I will be running near power lines, but will try to only cross over them when necessary, and will be running parellel for a short run, but about 18" apart.

I also was looking at the Belden wire, but it is 16AWG.

On this page I also found what I think may be a good deal... http://www.fourpair.com/item--Sheer-...150028--150028
    It is bulk cable, but for 500' @ $142.00 not to bad. However, I am unsure of the quality, has anyone used this type of wire.

Thanks for any input, you guys are a real help!

I would like to use good wire, as in the future I may upgrade speakers, but dont want to have to pull wire, or cut into the drywall. I dont have the money for silver wire

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    I was looking at the Liberty Wire here... http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/s...cable.html#lib I am looking at the 500' run of 12AWG or 14AWG.

For shorter speaker run, mentioned cables will probably be alright.

But for longer runs (such as 45'), you might want to consider cables that have better specifications. Cables such as Canare 4S11 which also sell on the same page of your link.
    "Say Hello To My Little Friend."

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    For the Canare wire, I notice that it is only sold in 4 wire (quad). Isnt that a bit overkill for a satellite speaker that will only use 2 wires? Please advise, or do they sell a 2 wire setup? Thanks!

Jason Monette
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    For the Canare wire, I notice that it is only sold in 4 wire (quad). Isnt that a bit overkill for a satellite speaker that will only use 2 wires? Please advise, or do they sell a 2 wire setup? Thanks!
    Twist the two colors together and you have a very good speaker wire!

Thread Information