Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help! I keep buying vinyl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    They only have something like 16 selections on the rack, so I'm almost tempted to get all of them. Just going by memory, I think these are among them.

The lady in satin album is Amazing (note the capitol A ), and chet baker can never be bad neither...
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Taking a little time out...

Ok...why you teasing me with one picture? If you post pics do at least 3. lol!
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar

All for $1 each...

Great day today. Most notable is the War double LP and the Santana/Miles live. The War is in near mint shape. I love these people who are abandoning this stuff.

Art Blakey, new record. This one features Lee Morgan, Benny Golson, Bobby Timmons, Jymie Merritt.

I see you're enjoying re-issues lately noob. The allure of new vinyl is great. Man Blakey looks young in that pic.

Half-Price Books installed a rack of new releases of jazz classics sometime in the last week or two. With that store, when something is gone you have no idea if or when it will be back, so I'm taking advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Great day today. Most notable is the War double LP and the Santana/Miles live. The War is in near mint shape. I love these people who are abandoning this stuff.

Good score...the only bad thing about the War album is that it cuts down the time of each song.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Art Blakey, new record. This one features Lee Morgan, Benny Golson, Bobby Timmons, Jymie Merritt.

Great score noob. Every jazz fan aught to have that one in their collection. Notice Golson wrote most of the tunes and Timmons wrote 2 of them. Golson was a writing machine. He is also still living today. Moaning was a big hit for Timmons. Morgan was 20 years of age. But when you listen, listen to the tone of Golsons sax....it is a very distinctive tone and his signature sound. Once you hear his signiture sound and the skill at which he plays you kinda get hooked to his sound, lie you can get use to Coltrains signiture sound.

I believe Golson/Morgan and then Golson/Art Farmer rivaled Miles/Coltrain back in the day....at least in my thinking. You throw in all the Movie scores Golson wrote for Hollywood and then all the Jazz tunes he wrote for others, as well as those he wrote for himself, he may have written more tunes than Miles.

Pops...IF you like "The Manhattan Transfer"....you should really love "Lambert, Hendrix and Ross" with the later being more bebop and a great influence on the original Manhattan Transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    Good score...the only bad thing about the War album is that it cuts down the time of each song.
    Only the re-issued tunes from previous albums were edited. I don't care because I have them on other LPs already. I am a War fan. The new songs that were wrote for the album are all full length.

Regardless, it's in excellent condition and sounds fantastic.

One more LP from Half-Price Books...

new???

Only the re-issued tunes from previous albums were edited. I don't care because I have them on other LPs already. I am a War fan. The new songs that were wrote for the album are all full length.

Regardless, it's in excellent condition and sounds fantastic.
    One of my all time favorites from War is "City country City" Its cut way down on platinum. But if you got the original scores it wont matter. I love War even when Eric Burton was in charge. It was a sad day when Big "Pappa Dee Allen" died of that heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    One of my all time favorites from War is "City country City" Its cut way down on platinum. But if you got the original scores it wont matter. I love War even when Eric Burton was in charge. It was a sad day when Big "Pappa Dee Allen" died of that heart attack.
    Yes War did something special in music and really challenged the status quo. Always upbeat and fun to listen to.

new???
    Indeed new. Hasn't spun, yet, though.

Late Night's Paul Shaffer has a VPI Scout....

A Good Week!!

Today I went along with a friend into a neighbouring town. I was going to help him move an antique vanity that he bought his wife as a surprise gift. When we got there, half of the house was packed up...a real mess.

As my buddy and this guy were chatting, I noticed several crates of LPs. I went over and started browsing. Finally they came over to me, and I asked him if they were his.

"Actually I don't know who's they are. Why? You use records?"

Before I can even say yes, he says...

"You can take em all if you want..."

There were 4 crates. I left what I didn't want, or what was too damaged. For the most part they are lightly used but some titles are in only average condition.

And the piece de resistance...this is one of those Time Life deals. 3 180g LPs, all mint with a book too!!!

What a haul!!!!
    I've got about half of them. Took me 20 years to collect em!

There's some stuff there you'll really like. The Coleman Hawkins is a nice set. Time Life is very thorough with their boxed sets.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Late Night's Paul Shaffer has a VPI Scout....

The Pass labs amp and preamp aren't bad. Neither is that Sequerra tuner.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    What a haul!!!!
    I've got about half of them. Took me 20 years to collect em!

There's some stuff there you'll really like. The Coleman Hawkins is a nice set. Time Life is very thorough with their boxed sets.
    Joe I was up almost all night. The ECM stuff is amazing, and in great condition. I have to go get some inners/outters today. Really enjoyed the Smith f/ Turrentine. Also the Dolphy w/ Hubbard is a treat.

OK this week just reached stupid proportions. I am now numb to the joy. Forgot that frenchmon had this little gem in the mail for me. Brand new re-issue, 180g. Gorgeous.

fenchmon, it sounds amazing. Open and detailed. Great pressing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help!  I keep buying vinyl!!!-dsc03365.jpg  

Today I went along with a friend into a neighbouring town. I was going to help him move an antique vanity that he bought his wife as a surprise gift. When we got there, half of the house was packed up...a real mess.

As my buddy and this guy were chatting, I noticed several crates of LPs. I went over and started browsing. Finally they came over to me, and I asked him if they were his.

"Actually I don't know who's they are. Why? You use records?"

Before I can even say yes, he says...

"You can take em all if you want..."

There were 4 crates. I left what I didn't want, or what was too damaged. For the most part they are lightly used but some titles are in only average condition.

And the piece de resistance...this is one of those Time Life deals. 3 180g LPs, all mint with a book too!!!

Hey Pops...I've had alots of those jazz lps over the years. RIchard "Grove" Holmes is a very good organist. Do me a favor and let me know the quality of the Time Life recordings. Are they good recordings? There is a used record shop near me that has a bunch of those but I stayed away because I didn't want to take a chance on buying bad recordings. "Grove" Holmes is from right here in St. Louis.

OK this week just reached stupid proportions. I am now numb to the joy. Forgot that frenchmon had this little gem in the mail for me. Brand new re-issue, 180g. Gorgeous.

fenchmon, it sounds amazing. Open and detailed. Great pressing!
    Enjoy my friend...you deserve it.

Pops that Pat Metheny "Off Ramp" is also a good one.....You've got to listen to the one tune on that album called "Are you going with me". Its Methenys vey first hit that put him on the map.

Oh man...That Ramsey Lewis and Earth Wind and Fire!!!! Bringing back memories my man....The first cut on side one....Sun Goddess is fantastic.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information