AR Newbie Registered Member

Will this amp and preamp be enough for Bose 901s

Hello All,

I'm considering taking my Bose 901 Series V out of mothballs to save money for my 30th high school reunion, connecting them to my iPod and saving the class money spent on a DJ (and using that money for an extended open bar). The reunion will have about 80 people, in a medium-sized banquet room. From what I remember of my 901s, they had plenty of power for something like that. I've forgotten almost all I knew back in the 70s & 80s about stereo equipment and got a short trip down memory lane from a buddy about amps, pre-amps, tuners, receivers, etc. I tossed my audio equipment out several moves ago, but hung on to the speakers because they cost a bundle, sounded great, and looked sharp.

I am considering buying the AudioSource Amp One/A 160-Watt (80 watts x 2) Stereo Power Amplifier with Internal Bridging (internal bridging???) and the AudioSource Pre One/A Stereo Preamplifer. Reading some of the online comments I found on the net, I'm a little concerned that this equipment will not provide enough power to do the 901s justice. Any thoughts?

Regards,
    Sam

Crank it up, dude! huh? hydroman's Avatar
    Or could you just rent the PA system? Then just hook up the IPOD.
    H/K AVR635 7.1
    Denon DVD900
    AE AEGIS III Mains
    ION USB Turntable w/ Shure M97XE
    15" Titanic III Sealed Enclosure Sub
    Dayton Rackmount 1000W :O
    Denon Surrounds
    Sony Bravia KDL40S2000

Thread Information