• 02-26-2008, 04:53 PM
    sgkramer
    Will this amp and preamp be enough for Bose 901s
    Hello All,

I'm considering taking my Bose 901 Series V out of mothballs to save money for my 30th high school reunion, connecting them to my iPod and saving the class money spent on a DJ (and using that money for an extended open bar). The reunion will have about 80 people, in a medium-sized banquet room. From what I remember of my 901s, they had plenty of power for something like that. I've forgotten almost all I knew back in the 70s & 80s about stereo equipment and got a short trip down memory lane from a buddy about amps, pre-amps, tuners, receivers, etc. I tossed my audio equipment out several moves ago, but hung on to the speakers because they cost a bundle, sounded great, and looked sharp.

I am considering buying the AudioSource Amp One/A 160-Watt (80 watts x 2) Stereo Power Amplifier with Internal Bridging (internal bridging???) and the AudioSource Pre One/A Stereo Preamplifer. Reading some of the online comments I found on the net, I'm a little concerned that this equipment will not provide enough power to do the 901s justice. Any thoughts?

Regards,
    Sam
  • 02-27-2008, 05:18 AM
    hydroman
    Or could you just rent the PA system? Then just hook up the IPOD.