Forum Regular

Help with biamp/wiring

I will try to make this brief; I recently purchased an Emotiva amp that is 7 channel (one channel is split in half for surround speakers) Right now it is hooked into a Marantz sr6200 receiver. I will soon be upgrading for a preamp processor when its available. I biwired it to my two main fronts (paradigm) and when unhooking one wire it was a huge difference...Strange that people claim there is no audible difference?? Unless it is hooked up wrong. My top and bottom posts from speakers going to the one post on the amp until I get other cables to actually bi amp as well. Is this correctly done?

Part two of my question; I will be getting two RCA Y cables to send signal into two channels for each of my front main speakers. Well, I would like to but am curious if this would be too much for my paradigm monitor 7's. Or, could I use the one channel you can split on the amp to boost power an extra 50 watts rather than a whole 125? I am not sure if when biamping you NEED to have the same watts from each channel? Sorry if that is confusing, it is at least to me...help!!

Forum Regular
    Now that I look at the specs on my mains they are pretty limited on maximum power input. That kind of sucks. I may sell them and get the 4 ohm Magnepans, they are only a little over an hour drive from where I live. Wonder if I can still get by with the paradigm center and surrounds with Mags? Too many damn questions

Forum Regular
    When bi amping you want equal power to both.

bill
    Speakers-Jm Labs
    Disc player-Sim Audio Moon Calypso
    Pre-amp-Sim Audio P-5.3 SE
    dac= sim audio moon 300d

Amp-Sim Audio Moon I-3
    Display-Toshiba CRT
    Wires and Cables-Kimber,Straight Wire, ixos, Gutwire and shunyata research
    Sacd-Cambridge Audio
    Bluray--Sony and Cambridge Audio
    Remote-- Harmony 1100

Power-- Monster

Bi wire/tri-wire is usually a very worthwhile improvement. Bi-amp/tri-amp is even better

Thread Information