Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Simaudio i-7

Forum Regular

Simaudio i-7

Hey guys, wanted some thoughts, and preferably impressions on this integrated amp. There isnt a whole lot of info out there, so I would love to hear from anyone who owns one, or has heard one. Thanks!

Chicago IL
    I have heard that they are very nice amplifiers but they cost around 2 thousand.

Forum Regular
    Boy, not much info available here, huh guys? Thanks for nothing...

Chicago IL
    seems like no one knows anything about this amplifier

I have heard that Simaudio stuff is good but even if someone new about this I would try to hear one for myself before shelling out that kind of money for one. just an opinion. But i do know the high end puplications usually rate their stuff real well if that means anything to you. It does seem weard that nobodies got any dirrect info on this unit though. Usually you have more replies than you would expect when asking about a rare component.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley78
    Yeah, thanks for coming in Bentley.
    Are you looking to spend $6K+ on an integrated amp? Or you are just curious about the unit?

I think your post is as good as " Hey, Jadis DA-60. Thoughts?"

Are you considering to change your setup? What Gear do you have,and what seems to be lacking?

Forum Regular
    I am building a system, and just want an extremely good integrated amp. Speakers are probably going to be Vienna Acoustics Beethoven concert grands, and I will use a USB DAC as the source. Thanks!

RGA
    Forum Regular
    The Sim Audio i-7 is a very nice Solid State integrated amp. My only issue is the price. For that kind of money - you could seriously look into buying separates. I personally would spend the bulk on a serious serious preamplifier (possibly a tube preamp) for $4500 - $5500 and spend the rest on the power amp. This will give you more power and more flexibility and likely better sound.

For example you might consider something like the Odyssey Khartago monoblocks or Shengya PM 150 monoblocks

http://www.odysseyaudio.com/products-khartago-mono.html
    http://grantfidelity.com/site/Shengya_CV15_PM150

The Shengya's are impressive - I am currently reviewing a set of them. The Sim Audio isn't even remotely in the ball park in terms of build quality.

Then preamps - sky is the limit.

Not to knock integrated's I own one and love it but when you'r in the $6k plus range there are plenty of separates options that IMO are tough to beat. Especially SS integrateds.

For integrated amps check out the Grant Fidelity Rita - downside is that it is a tube amp - err wait that's an upside. And it costs a lot less than the Sim Audio. IMO the Rita sounds better and is better built. But lugging a 100lb amplifier around your house is downside. http://grantfidelity.com/site/RITA-8...Tube-Amplifier

Chicago IL
    For 5k I don't even wanna imagine what system I will have! Go with separates my frined like RGA is telling you!

He doesn't even need a preamp if he's running a USB DAC...

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    What's with that anyhow? Dude, if you bring nothing to the table yourself, don't expect the world back.

The laughable thing about this crumby reply, is in your OP you yourself said that little is known. Should it not be at least reasonable then, that perhaps nobody had any info? Thanks for nothing?

So far, all you've done is extract info from this site, so now I sir, would like to officially thank YOU for nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    What's with that anyhow? Dude, if you bring nothing to the table yourself, don't expect the world back.

The laughable thing about this crumby reply, is in your OP you yourself said that little is known. Should it not be at least reasonable then, that perhaps nobody had any info? Thanks for nothing?

So far, all you've done is extract info from this site, so now I sir, would like to officially thank YOU for nothing!!!
    I don't necessarily think he was being rude. It can come across that way but you can also look at it like 'thanks for your time too bad you can't give me more info good-bye'. Or perhaps that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    I don't necessarily think he was being rude. It can come across that way but you can also look at it like 'thanks for your time too bad you can't give me more info good-bye'. Or perhaps that's just me...

IMO it's rife with sarcasm, if it wasn;t intended that way, then as a new poster he should be more selective with his words.

I look at it like : "I didn't get what I wanted because you guys are all a bunch of jerks who probably don't know much anyhow"

That's my gut impression, If I am wrong, he can correct me and I will apologize gladly.

You're definitely right about choosing words correctly. Sometimes I write stuff or say things but it's only after thought that I realise it can be understood in a completely different way.
    I can't blame you for feeling like this.
    PS: Have you heard about AR's favourite thread, the 'elitist jerk' one?

You're definitely right about choosing words correctly. Sometimes I write stuff or say things but it's only after thought that I realise it can be understood in a completely different way.
    I can't blame you for feeling like this.
    PS: Have you heard about AR's favourite thread, the 'elitist jerk' one?
    No, do tell...

I can't seem to find the one I'm thinking, it's one where someone makes an equally snotty remark and gets absolutely hammered by members here. Quite funny!
    Here is the actually elitest jerk one (which also resembles the one I've just described), but isn't the one I had in mind:
    elitest jerks
    Quite funny too! I believe the 2006 era (around there) was the hey day of AR so to speak.
    PS: Have you heard of Spanking Vanaillace a.k.a SVI? If you haven't you're in for a treat! I'm trying to find the threads..

I can't seem to find the one I'm thinking, it's one where someone makes an equally snotty remark and gets absolutely hammered by members here. Quite funny!
    Here is the actually elitest jerk one (which also resembles the one I've just described), but isn't the one I had in mind:
    elitest jerks
    Quite funny too! I believe the 2006 era (around there) was the hey day of AR so to speak.
    PS: Have you heard of Spanking Vanaillace a.k.a SVI? If you haven't you're in for a treat! I'm trying to find the threads..
    nope, AA this is the only forum I belong to or ever have belonged to. With 2 kids I'm home alot more and I enjoy the commraderie. I'm checking your link now...

That was great!! Man and it totally brought back memories, those Divinci systems were all over town here.

I'm off to the gym but I'll look it up more later

Forum Regular

Wow, you are very sensitive... (maybe a little sand in the you know what...?) I did mean 'thanks for your time too bad you can't give me more info good-bye' Man, certain people on forums like to get all defensive...

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Wow, you are very sensitive... (maybe a little sand in the you know what...?) I did mean 'thanks for your time too bad you can't give me more info good-bye' Man, certain people on forums like to get all defensive...
    I am new to the whole high end audio scene, but am learning quickly

Welcome to AudioReview! First I have some questions for you. In one post you say you are looking at $5,000 speakers but are new to the hobby and in this post you are asking about a $6,000 integrated amp. My first question is if you are smart enough to have 11,000disposeable dollars why would you rely on the opinions of strangers? My suggestion is to find a dealer whose opinion you trust and is carrying the brands in which you are interested. Even if someone has heard that integrated amp they could not tell you how they will sound together with your speakers of interest. Can you tell us what equipment with which you are currently listening?

I can understand how your second post in this thread could upset some. If you remain a member for awhile and you respond in that way we will know you and not take it so personally. As a new member with few posts it did come accross as a little rude.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Not sensitive at all, just can't stand rudeness. Especially the unwaranted type. If you can't see how your words could be misconstrued then I suggest you think harder about it. There...done? It would seem some good old fashioned "Well guys, thanks anyhow" might serve to prevent "certain people" like me from misunderstanding a complete stranger's (that's you) post.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I am new to the whole high end audio scene, but am learning quickly

Welcome to AudioReview! First I have some questions for you. In one post you say you are looking at $5,000 speakers but are new to the hobby and in this post you are asking about a $6,000 integrated amp. My first question is if you are smart enough to have 11,000disposeable dollars why would you rely on the opinions of strangers? My suggestion is to find a dealer whose opinion you trust and is carrying the brands in which you are interested. Even if someone has heard that integrated amp they could not tell you how they will sound together with your speakers of interest. Can you tell us what equipment with which you are currently listening?

I can understand how your second post in this thread could upset some. If you remain a member for awhile and you respond in that way we will know you and not take it so personally. As a new member with few posts it did come accross as a little rude.
    Interesting point John, however I think experienced cats like the ones at AR could probably fix this gentleman up if he really intends to spend a seemingly unlimited amount of cash. Man that was a long sentence.

As far as Simaudio for a first time at bat? Seems a little bloated for my tastes, Emotiva would be a great start in terms of price point for a "beginner". Amp, pre-amp AND speaks.

http://www.emotiva.com/

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Interesting point John, however I think experienced cats like the ones at AR could probably fix this gentleman up if he really intends to spend a seemingly unlimited amount of cash. Man that was a long sentence.

As far as Simaudio for a first time at bat? Seems a little bloated for my tastes, Emotiva would be a great start in terms of price point for a "beginner". Amp, pre-amp AND speaks.

http://www.emotiva.com/

Let us not forget the Krell S-300i. Should have all the power he needs and at only $2500 is a bargain. Same power, 150 watts, into 8ohms and 300 watts into 4ohms. He will now have money for appropriate speaker and interconnect cables.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

John if you weren't a mod, I would report your posts as Krell spam. You are a Krell fanboy for sure. This will make you cringe, but I have never heard any Krell. My local dealers don't have any, next time I'm in Toronto I'll have to look it up.

I just said Krell 3 times in 3 different sentences, perhaps it's me who is the Krell spammer.

You're probably right, I just love Emotiva's pricing on their more basic models. I just feel that spending all of that cash blindly is nuts, start with a really low price point and then work up as tastes set in. Anyhow, we could talk about this endlessly, the Krell is certainly another avenue for, shoot I have to check his name.....right, Bentley.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information