AR Newbie Registered Member

Proceed AVP Upgrade ?

I have a Proceed AVP and a Proceed AMP 5. I was planning on upgrading the Proceed AVP to the AVP2 until I heard of the demise of the Proceed line. I read somewhere on the web about trade in options for Proceed customers to “upgrade” to Lexicon equipment. I admit I have not researched audio equipment since my Proceed purchase 3-4 years ago. At that time I chose Proceed over Lexicon for the audio qualities.

The dealer I purchased the Proceed equipment from is no longer in business. I don’t know if there is a connection.

Is there still an option to upgrade to the AVP2? Or should I look into trading the AVP in for a current Lexicon model?

Does anyone have any experience with Lexicon pre-amps and the Proceed AMP 5?

Quote Originally Posted by RGlass
    I have a Proceed AVP and a Proceed AMP 5. I was planning on upgrading the Proceed AVP to the AVP2 until I heard of the demise of the Proceed line. I read somewhere on the web about trade in options for Proceed customers to “upgrade” to Lexicon equipment. I admit I have not researched audio equipment since my Proceed purchase 3-4 years ago. At that time I chose Proceed over Lexicon for the audio qualities.

The dealer I purchased the Proceed equipment from is no longer in business. I don’t know if there is a connection.

Is there still an option to upgrade to the AVP2? Or should I look into trading the AVP in for a current Lexicon model?

Does anyone have any experience with Lexicon pre-amps and the Proceed AMP 5?
    Proceed was dissolved during the Harman Int'l reorganization and creation of the Harman Specialty Group, formerly Madrigal Labs. HSG markets Revel, Mark Levinson, and Lexicon. The problem as I understand it was that the Levinson engineers that designed the Proceed line as a stepping stone made them too close to ML and Proceed was cannabllizing sales. Bye-Bye Proceed. If there is a trade in program, the only thing I'd wonder is whether or not Lexicon is actually an UPGRADE from your Proceed? At this price point, there are other very good products worth your consideration such as the Theta Casablanca, Parasound Halo P3, and PS Audio PCA2.

I've listened to both the Lexicon DC1(?) and Proceed HPA2. The Lexicon didn't really stand out to me one way or the other so I really have no opinion on it. I preferred the PS Audio HCA2 over the HPA2 even though the dealer was discounting the Proceed quite heavily because of the dissolution of the brand.

BTW, you dealer didn't go out of business because he lost one brand. He shut down because of bad business sense.

Good luck.

Thread Information