Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaed View Post
    I've have had my Cronus Magnum since June and love it. Tons of power and the sound has that 'WOW" factor. A great combination of warmth with accuracy and punch.

Setting bias is easy and all four output tubes have stayed at 35 mA, no adjustment needed in almost 8 months.

I have not been motivated to roll yet because it sounds so good, but I'm going to try it to see how the sound changes. The guys at Rogue can suggest some tubes but I would wait at least 6 months. They told me a change of the center 12AU7 Preamp tube makes the biggest difference.

Happy to answer any questions that I'm qualified to. The good news is that the factory is very helpful if you need anything.

Hey Frenchmon, how you doin? When are you going to audition those Vapor Audio speakers?
    Hi bajaed! Nice to see you! I may try and get over this summer to take a listen to the Vapor's.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochaser View Post
    Hello all, Im wondering what would be the difference between a tube system and my Sansui G-8000. I love my power and clarity of the Sansui but have yet to hear a system such as the Rouge Crono Magnum. (Health Kit)?
    That will depend on a lot of factors. Your speakers, room, associated gear and type of music you play make a difference. Also, the amount of tube Watt's you're considering makes a difference.

If you can separate the pre and power amp sections of your Sansui a tube preamp is something you could consider. Many folks use a tube preamp and SS power. It's thought that you get most of the benefits by using a tubed preamp.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Forum Regular

Hello bajaed

Quote Originally Posted by bajaed View Post
    BTW, when I was looking for the best buy in an integrated tube amp in the 2k price range, the Rogue Cronus Magnum was the #1 recommendation by a wide margin at nearly every AV site I visited.
    Thanks for the heads up on considering only rolling one tube instead of a whole set. I never thought of that option.

My decision making to get this amp went like this. I asked the audio dealer that sold me the Rel sub and System audio speakers to recommend a tube integrated and his first response was Rogue. Then one of my buddy's showed me the issue of TAS where the Rogue got a Golden Ear award. Well, that's all it took for me to order the C.M.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information