Need Xpert Amp Person Help

I am trying to get my mixer/amp to drive a subwoofer. The mixer/amp specs/manual can be found at:

http://aa.peavey.com/modularmixeramps/irm8150.cfm

I have tried connecting the subwoofer preout of my receiver to the mixer/amp channel one using a 1/4" jack (I have a RCA to 1/4" mono adapter). The manual says that the mixer/amp 1/4" input is a line level jack that has a line input of 13K ohms. I posted a message on parts express and someone mentioned I may need a direct box. Can someone help me out with the connection or tell me what I need to do in order to get it to work? Thanks, Paul.

I Found the Problem

The problem was in the amp that I purchased on e-bay. Somethings wrong with it, it comes on but doesnt output the sound (except a loud hum). After a couple of hours switching out speakers, etc., I decided to dig up an old integrated amp I had in the garage. I'm surprised it actually powered up. I connected it up and what do you know--sound! Since its only rated for 8-16ohm and outputs only 100wpc it didn't sound outstanding but it sounded ok (my sub is rated for 4ohm). Most importantly it worked. So now, I need to purchase a good external subwoofer amp. I have been looking at the outlaw audio M200 single channel amp. Any comments on this amp or suggestions of good sub amps? Thanks again. Paul

The Collector
    The M200 is an amazing amp. Any of the Outlaw stuff is great, and priced better than most stuff out there. In that price range I don't think I could recommend another amp to you.

Just to let you know a direct box wouldn't have fixed your problem. A direct box allows you to bring a line level signal down to mic level.

A couple other recommendations though.. a crown CE-2000 would give you plenty of power in bridge mono. If you dont mind spending way too much money a Crown K-2 will supply you with enough power to run whatever you want

I didn't take a look at the K2 but I assume you mean that I could wire all my speakers in parallel/seriers to come out with a 8 or 4 ohm load and this would provide enough power to power them all?

The Collector
    it's 2500 watts in bridge mono at 4 ohms. it's a very full sound from the amp but the list price is like 1700 or something like that

Thread Information