Thread: My Hafler Died

Forum Regular

My Hafler Died

About twenty years ago I bought (and assembled) a Hafler DH100 preamp and DH220 power amp. The power amp died in the left channel last week. Instead of getting it fixed, I decided to get a new one. When I bought the Hafler I was single; now I am married with a son, a mortgage, and two car notes. So I looked around on the internet and decided on the AudioSource AMP One / A for $200. I really like it. It makes my Polk bookshelf speakers sound better than ever. I cannot make a direct comparison with the Hafler DH200 because it has been over a year since I hooked up the Hafler stuff with the Polks.

I do not know anything about the AudioSource preamp that goes with the AMP One / A, because I am still using my DH100 Preamp. But AudioSource seems to be the way to go if you want to get into separates without spending major bucks. Peace.

Mark Wellman
    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

May it rest in peace

Quote Originally Posted by Mark of Cenla
    About twenty years ago I bought (and assembled) a Hafler DH100 preamp and DH220 power amp. The power amp died in the left channel last week. Instead of getting it fixed, I decided to get a new one. When I bought the Hafler I was single; now I am married with a son, a mortgage, and two car notes. So I looked around on the internet and decided on the AudioSource AMP One / A for $200. I really like it. It makes my Polk bookshelf speakers sound better than ever. I cannot make a direct comparison with the Hafler DH200 because it has been over a year since I hooked up the Hafler stuff with the Polks.

I do not know anything about the AudioSource preamp that goes with the AMP One / A, because I am still using my DH100 Preamp. But AudioSource seems to be the way to go if you want to get into separates without spending major bucks. Peace.

But I'm sure you could get the Halfler fixed cheap too. Plenty of guys out there who cut their teeth in electronic on those things.

(oh, never carry TWO car notes!)
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Forum Regular
    I live in a very rural town. My town is so small that it is officially called a village, really. There is no repair place in the parish (county). The next time I go to a city, I may take it somewhere. By the way, one of my cars will be paid off very soon. Peace.

I really like the AudioSource AMP One / A.
    Mark Wellman
    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Thread Information