AR Newbie Registered Member

Modulus 3A a tale of Woe!

I wanted to post my experience in trying to order and receive a modulus 3a from Audible Illusions. I placed and order for this product on Oct 26th. I was told it would be two before I would receive delivery. At the end of two weeks I called my dealer to see where we were at, and he placed a call to AI and spoke with Art who claimed they were finishing a run of L-2 preamps, and it would be two more weeks. Mid November I call my dealer again and he calles AI and gets another quote of 2-3 more weeks. I wait until the end of Nov and called again and was again quoted 2 more weeks. Now we are into December and I call my dealer again and he calls AI and gets another 2 week quote on the item with no reason for the delay. Finally I decide I will call them myself and get some answers. I placed a call into the company and was told my unit was completed and would ship out the following monday the 19th. The person on the phone assured me it would ship. I waited a couple of days and placed another call into them and they told me that they did not have the right face plates for the order and it would be another week. So that meant they would ship it out on December 28th. I waited again to receive shipping confirmation from them with no response. Again I placed a call with my dealer into them and no word from AI about when the unit would ship. I finally decided to cancel my order since there was no guarantee that I would ever receive the unit. My dealer told me this was the usual mode in dealing with Audible illusions and that if wanted the unit you will have to endure their lack of customer service. The reason I cancelled the order was a lack of care for me as a customer who was extremely excited about using their product, and my doubts that if I ever had any problems with the unit I would be able to receive my unit back in a timely fashion.

Sad, sad, sad. The lack of customer service in some companies is sickening. Good for you to cancel the order, companies like that don't deserve our business.
    Last edited by risabet; 01-10-2005 at 03:16 PM.

Linn LP-12 (Origin Live Advanced PS w/DC Motor) Benz "ACE" medium output*TAD-150*Tube Audio Design TAD-1000 monoblocs*Parasound CD-P 1000*NAD 4020A Tuner*Velodyne F-1000 Subwoofer*Toshiba SD-4700 DVD*Motorola DTP-5100 HD converter*Pioneer PDP-4300*Martin-Logan Clarity*Audioquest cables and interconnects* Panamax 5100 power conditioner

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donpet
    I wanted to post my experience in trying to order and receive a modulus 3a from Audible Illusions. I placed and order for this product on Oct 26th. I was told it would be two before I would receive delivery. At the end of two weeks I called my dealer to see where we were at, and he placed a call to AI and spoke with Art who claimed they were finishing a run of L-2 preamps, and it would be two more weeks. Mid November I call my dealer again and he calles AI and gets another quote of 2-3 more weeks. I wait until the end of Nov and called again and was again quoted 2 more weeks. Now we are into December and I call my dealer again and he calls AI and gets another 2 week quote on the item with no reason for the delay. Finally I decide I will call them myself and get some answers. I placed a call into the company and was told my unit was completed and would ship out the following monday the 19th. The person on the phone assured me it would ship. I waited a couple of days and placed another call into them and they told me that they did not have the right face plates for the order and it would be another week. So that meant they would ship it out on December 28th. I waited again to receive shipping confirmation from them with no response. Again I placed a call with my dealer into them and no word from AI about when the unit would ship. I finally decided to cancel my order since there was no guarantee that I would ever receive the unit. My dealer told me this was the usual mode in dealing with Audible illusions and that if wanted the unit you will have to endure their lack of customer service. The reason I cancelled the order was a lack of care for me as a customer who was extremely excited about using their product, and my doubts that if I ever had any problems with the unit I would be able to receive my unit back in a timely fashion.
    It's a shame that folks who apparently make a decent product don't know how to deal with people. They could have gotten your name and address and sent you a letter describing the care they take in building a piece that's been named one of the 100 most important components by Stereophile, blah, blah, etc., etc., and offered you your first testing and inspection after so many hours of operation for free for your patience or something.

Thread Information