Forum Regular

Lightbulb speaker,amp, monitor sound system adice/help?????????

How ya all doing? I would greatly apprecaite it if some one can help me out with some information/advice. What I'am looking for is more sound, a louder and clarity sound through my stereo system. I need something to make it louder with good clarity. Do I buy a sound system monitor or a power amp or something else? Is there some kind of speaker that I can get? I'm not sure which may to go and some one knows what I mean (I might not of explained it thourghly enough)and they can help me out. Thanks!
    I have a Denon Reciever (1604 or 1804 I have to check when I get home) with Bose book shelve speakers (201v series, they suck). Volume and Clarity are my #1 things so what are the things I need to check out 1st? Do I have to make sure my reciever and speakers can handle a certain power? Do I go with Just getting more of a better expansive speakers or can I go go and get a (rather do) amp or monitor for more of a louder sound system?
    Thanks.

Not to slight Bose, but the first place I'd be looking is at new speakers. Either receiver you mentioned is quite good for it's price range and can drive quite a few other speakers that would put you light years closer to realizing your goals than what you have now.

Before a more meaningful answer can be supplied, a few things should be known.

What's your budget? For how many speakers, 2 or 5? Where are you located and can you order thru the mail?

Forum Regular

speaker,amp, monitor sound system adice/help?????????

Thanks for the help.
    My budget is $100. - $500. and I would just want 2 speakers. Is that the only option or best thing to do is to get better speakers. Some one mentioned to me I could get some kind of amp to make it louder? or some kind of sound system speaker monitor to make it louder?
    I live in Kennett Square, PA and also I can order throught the mail.

Any where/way/trade in I can sell my Bose?

Thread Information