AR Newbie Registered Member

Denon 3802 center channal cutting out, Up Grade Options????

I love my Denon 3802 but my center channel is cutting out after a minute or 2. I haven’t check into getting it looked at yet or repaired. I’m thinking it’s time to upgrade anyway.

I'm concerned about trading up to a newer model Denon. Wouldn’t the sound be essentially be the same? Which really isn't a bad thing, so I’m thinking what the point...?

With the Denon 3808CI / 4308CI I’m heading into a top of line level “consumer brand” A/V receiver....I wondering what other "high end " brands for top A/V equipment there are?

Something that would give me all the performance of the Denon but maybe with better sound. A pre-amp with a receiver etc.. I just don’t know much about going this route or what to look for, brands etc....

My set up right now is a HDTV DLP, and RF Series Klipsch, center, fronts, sides, back and sub.

I want to keep it simple as for hooking it up and set up, seems Denon does a good job at that.

Price range $1,500 - $2,000.00 for a good set up AV receiver or receiver/pre amp.

So I'm looking for some direction / suggestions.

Thanks

Mid-Fi
    I started with Denon and Klipsch years ago.

For better sound quality, you need a better receiver ( Brands such as B&K, Rotel, Sunfire). Or a seperate precessor and power amplifier combination ( cost more)

You can check if the Center channel pre-out of your 3802 is working or not. If it still works, it gives you one option that you can use your 3802 as a precessor, only need to get a 7 channel power amplifier and see if you are satisfied with the improvement. Emotiva has a 7 channel power amp under $500. It has been discussed here it is great value amp.

High end HT processors with HD support are out of your budget. And HD source is limited. At present, I would give up HD video switching function and spend the money on other components.

Thread Information