AR Newbie Registered Member

Anyone heard of this integrated?

I was poking through a local pawn shop, and they had a Sugden A28 MkII sitting on the shelf for $120.

I can't seem to find anything about this amp. The controls are cheezy-looking plastic knobs, but there's a huge heat sink on the back, and the connectors look to be decent.

Anyone know anything about this one?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbait
    I was poking through a local pawn shop, and they had a Sugden A28 MkII sitting on the shelf for $120.

I can't seem to find anything about this amp. The controls are cheezy-looking plastic knobs, but there's a huge heat sink on the back, and the connectors look to be decent.

Anyone know anything about this one?
    I'm not familiar with that model but the Sugden A21 integrated I've heard and it has impressed me greatly. If I had to buy solid state, the A21 would be my choice. If the A28 is close to as good, it's a hell of a buy at $120, assuming it's functional.

Send a private message to poster RGA and ask. I seem to recall that he uses a Sugden and he may be more familiar with their products.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    No...but I have a question for all! Does anybody have any information on Art Audio Maestro monoblock tube amps?? I need a manual to accompany these fine amps. I picked them up in 'Rochester, N.Y. Any info please email me at "dshearer2001us@yahoo.com" Thanks. Dr. Doug Shearer

RGA
    Forum Regular
    I replied to this but it went missing strangely enough.

The A28 is supposed to be quite good - it is the closest integrated to the A21a in that it uses the same preamp and is also all class A. Also has more power than the A21a - if you look for the reviews section on Sugden someone reviewed the 28 under the A48 series and provides some more info.

Thread Information