• 01-22-2005, 01:55 PM
    squidbait
    Anyone heard of this integrated?
    I was poking through a local pawn shop, and they had a Sugden A28 MkII sitting on the shelf for $120.

I can't seem to find anything about this amp. The controls are cheezy-looking plastic knobs, but there's a huge heat sink on the back, and the connectors look to be decent.

Anyone know anything about this one? :confused:
  • 01-25-2005, 04:33 AM
    musicoverall
    Quote:

Originally Posted by squidbait
    I was poking through a local pawn shop, and they had a Sugden A28 MkII sitting on the shelf for $120.

I can't seem to find anything about this amp. The controls are cheezy-looking plastic knobs, but there's a huge heat sink on the back, and the connectors look to be decent.

Anyone know anything about this one? :confused:

I'm not familiar with that model but the Sugden A21 integrated I've heard and it has impressed me greatly. If I had to buy solid state, the A21 would be my choice. If the A28 is close to as good, it's a hell of a buy at $120, assuming it's functional.

Send a private message to poster RGA and ask. I seem to recall that he uses a Sugden and he may be more familiar with their products.
  • 01-25-2005, 09:39 AM
    Dr. Doug
    No...but I have a question for all! Does anybody have any information on Art Audio Maestro monoblock tube amps?? I need a manual to accompany these fine amps. I picked them up in 'Rochester, N.Y. Any info please email me at "dshearer2001us@yahoo.com" Thanks. Dr. Doug Shearer
  • 01-26-2005, 12:25 PM
    RGA
    I replied to this but it went missing strangely enough.

The A28 is supposed to be quite good - it is the closest integrated to the A21a in that it uses the same preamp and is also all class A. Also has more power than the A21a - if you look for the reviews section on Sugden someone reviewed the 28 under the A48 series and provides some more info.