Forum Regular

Streets Electronic Systems Model 950

I recently (just tonight) fell into a pile of audio equipment. I won a pair of Von Schweikert Research VR-3 on e-bay and went to pick them up. When I was at my new friend Nick's pad I asked if he was selling his preamp and amp. Turns out he was and, after listening to them (with Nicks green parrot staring at me), I bought them. The preamp is an Anthem Pre-1 and the amp is a Streets Electronic Systems Model 950 Power Amplifier. I was just a little familiar with the Anthem and found some info on the web, but I have never heard of the Streets amp and I can't find much info on it. I did find this at Orion blue book:

TYPE: Power Amplifier
    MODEL: 950
    MANUFACTURER: STREETS ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS
    YEAR: 1985-1989

Specifications
    RMS Watts/Channel @ 4 Ohm 95

Does anyone have any more info on this mysterious amplifier?

Forum Regular

Here are some pics.

Here are some pictures of the outside and inside.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Streets Electronic Systems Model 950-pic-1.jpg   Streets Electronic Systems Model 950-pic-3.jpg   Streets Electronic Systems Model 950-nude-1.jpg   Streets Electronic Systems Model 950-nude-3.jpg   Streets Electronic Systems Model 950-pic-5.jpg  

Last edited by emptycenter; 02-17-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Did not add photos

AR Newbie Registered Member

Streets 950 Amplifier

Emptycenter,

An audio friend / nut has prior experience with the Streets amplifier (many years ago) and thinks highly of it.

What are your impressions since you've now had it over a year?

Wineaux

Thread Information