Thread: Rca Mi-12188-a

AR Newbie Registered Member

Rca Mi-12188-a

Hello everyone,

I recently came across a RCA MI-12188-A power amplifier at an old drive in theatre. It is in pretty rough condition and a few of the tubes are smashed. I've been looking for new tubes and was wondering where you recommend finding replacement tubes. I've been looking and have found www.hifiaudiotubes.com which seems to be a good resource. I like that they have their inventory broken down by brand.

Also...

Has anyone ever heard anything played through a MI-12188-A? I'm excited to get this going. Thanks in advance.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by VacuumTubes23
    Hello everyone,

I recently came across a RCA MI-12188-A power amplifier at an old drive in theatre. It is in pretty rough condition and a few of the tubes are smashed. I've been looking for new tubes and was wondering where you recommend finding replacement tubes. I've been looking and have found www.hifiaudiotubes.com which seems to be a good resource. I like that they have their inventory broken down by brand.

Also...

Has anyone ever heard anything played through a MI-12188-A? I'm excited to get this going. Thanks in advance.
    I know Quest For Sound outside of Philly has lots of good tubes. Call and talk to them.

Thread Information