AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Dynaco A-25 Cloth Removal

One of my old Dynaco A-25 speakers is distorting sound. I assumed I could just remove the front speaker cloth and inspect and repair or replace whatever was broken. However, I cannot see any way to remove the speaker cloth without damaging the cloth or speaker cabinet sides.

Anyone know how it's supposed to be done?

Thanks.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    I picked up a pair of Dynaco-A 25's a couple of weeks ago. One had the logo missing and was just velcroed on. I used a thin pen knife with a dull blade and worked the grill up carefully in a couple of places until I had enough of an edge I could get my fingers on. The other speaker still had the logo on and as I looked closely I found there was a nail which apparently helped secure the logo and the grill. I pressed down on the grill and used a screwdriver to get the nail head up a bit and then used a pair of pliers to remove the nail. The grill was still velcroed in but again using a thin flat blade you can work it off.

As it was the grill cloth had issues and so I changed it from the off white to black. A really easy DIY if you wanted to replace the grill cloth. I just pulled the old cloth off measured out the new cloth and then used a staple gun to attach the new cloth to the old frame. Can be done in about 30 minutes. changing to the black fabric increased the WAF and they are now in use in the MBR. Great sounding speaker, I hope there it is nothing serious with yours.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Smile Dynaco A-25 Repairs

Thank you very much!!! You have told me exactly what I wanted to know. I hate to let old friends go, and I've had these speakers since I bought them new sometime in 1968 - 1970.

Thread Information