Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    ride a jet ski Tarheel_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    North Carolina

    connect speakers to vintage receiver?

    recently received my dad's old 'Craig' brand receiver. Guessing it dates to the 70's. The rear speaker connectors are RCA type. How do i connect my bookshelves to this receiver?


  2. #2
    Forum Regular royphil345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    You're going to have to buy some RCA / phono plugs at Radio Shack or something and solder them to one end of some not too heavy speaker wire. 16 g lamp cord should work. The positive wire goes to the center pin.

  3. #3
    Suspended markw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Noo Joisey. Youse got a problem wit dat?
    Along with what the other guy said, RatShack also used to sell lengths of speaker wire with RCA's already on one end. Maybe they still do. This would make soldering unnecessary. It's not the thickest wire but then again, that's not the most powerful receiver, either.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts