Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    AR ELITE MEMBER
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    24

    Question The White Van Specialists

    I purchased some high end denmark speakers from some guys in a white van. They said they had a couple extra pairs and that they retail for around 3 grand a pair, they showed me some magazines with them in it and they said they won some awards. I have them running off a 1000 watt JVC that I purchased at Wal-Mart in the open box section and I purchased the better rca's for 25 dollars instead of the cheaper 10 dollar ones. My question is since I have such a high end stereo should I match it up with just a cheap walmart tv or should I really go high end with that dell tv that they are advertising? And should I buy a HD or a P.L.A.S.M.A.? Won't the liquid pour out when they are shipping if I get the Dell or do I fill it when it arrives?

  2. #2
    eqm
    eqm is offline
    Forum Regular eqm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    StL, MO
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINLOGAN123
    I purchased some high end denmark speakers from some guys in a white van. They said they had a couple extra pairs and that they retail for around 3 grand a pair, they showed me some magazines with them in it and they said they won some awards. I have them running off a 1000 watt JVC that I purchased at Wal-Mart in the open box section and I purchased the better rca's for 25 dollars instead of the cheaper 10 dollar ones. My question is since I have such a high end stereo should I match it up with just a cheap walmart tv or should I really go high end with that dell tv that they are advertising? And should I buy a HD or a P.L.A.S.M.A.? Won't the liquid pour out when they are shipping if I get the Dell or do I fill it when it arrives?
    Don't let anyone rip you off in refilling the plasma juice!! Wal-Mart sells it in the cake mix section for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less than Monster does.

  3. #3
    asdf bjornb17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINLOGAN123
    I purchased some high end denmark speakers from some guys in a white van. They said they had a couple extra pairs and that they retail for around 3 grand a pair, they showed me some magazines with them in it and they said they won some awards. I have them running off a 1000 watt JVC that I purchased at Wal-Mart in the open box section and I purchased the better rca's for 25 dollars instead of the cheaper 10 dollar ones. My question is since I have such a high end stereo should I match it up with just a cheap walmart tv or should I really go high end with that dell tv that they are advertising? And should I buy a HD or a P.L.A.S.M.A.? Won't the liquid pour out when they are shipping if I get the Dell or do I fill it when it arrives?
    here are the problems i see with this post:
    1) white van speakers
    2) 1000 watt JVC receiver
    3) wal-mart

    these typically aren't 3 aspects of high end-equipment. (nothing against wal-mart, i like them)

  4. #4
    eqm
    eqm is offline
    Forum Regular eqm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    StL, MO
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornb17
    here are the problems i see with this post:
    1) white van speakers
    2) 1000 watt JVC receiver
    3) wal-mart

    these typically aren't 3 aspects of high end-equipment. (nothing against wal-mart, i like them)
    sorry holmes...i think ML got you hook, line, and sinker.

    he's doing the worst-case scenario newbie question. pretty d@mn funny though.

  5. #5
    Canuck!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINLOGAN123
    And should I buy a HD or a P.L.A.S.M.A.? Won't the liquid pour out when they are shipping if I get the Dell or do I fill it when it arrives?
    LOL I think you have to fill it when it arrives!

    Gershman Acoustics X-1/SW-1 / Odyssey Stratos Extreme Monoblocks / Edge Electronics Si-1m Preamplifier / Sony DVP-NC555ES Transport Modded Caps and Opamps / Pro-Ject Debut II with Shure M97xE / Carver TX-11 Tuner / SonoCable and Harmonic Tech Cabling / Monster Power HTS1000 MKII / Monster Power HTS3500 MKII / Audio Note AN-K/Spe / Radii MSKT88 Monoblocks / SonoSilence One / Akai Reference Master

  6. #6
    asdf bjornb17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by eqm
    sorry holmes...i think ML got you hook, line, and sinker.

    he's doing the worst-case scenario newbie question. pretty d@mn funny though.
    so the post is a joke or what?

  7. #7
    My custom user title This Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    759
    uhh dur

  8. #8
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959
    LOL....good one
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

  9. #9
    Sgt. At Arms Worf101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Troy, New York
    Posts
    4,288

    Talking Pretty funny...

    He had me for approximately 2 seconds. Nobody with that handle could be THAT stupid about audio... high end or otherwise. Pretty hilarious though... Plasma juice....

    Da Worfster

  10. #10
    asdf bjornb17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    459
    seemed fishy.....

  11. #11
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland area (Streamwood, IL)
    Posts
    489
    that's pretty sad if that's our only humor.

  12. #12
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7
    I always drain out my plasma and replace it with some better stuff. I'm using the new "Gullibledale Research Black Plasma" at the moment. Really yields a image depth that I've only experienced in plasma costing 5 times more (Spunkenheiden, F.U. Labs). That or some good homemade Tapioca Pudding. Oh, and mix in about a cup of antifreeze. People are always giving me hell in these forms for the antifreeze, saying that its just psychovisual effect, but I still think it brings out the blue in Bob Barkers eyes. I'd also recommend a good sub with those towers. Wal-Mart was selling a killer Soundesign sub for $1.89 a while ago. That or snag a used Fisher Price off Ebay.

  13. #13
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    184
    rofl!
    "Flouridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face."
    --Gen. Jack D. Ripper

  14. #14
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by MomurdA
    rofl!
    Whats so funny, come one... its not like I'm the only one who bought a 10,000 home theater setup to watch "The Price Is Right."



    ....well that and "Larwence Welk"

  15. #15
    asdf bjornb17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    459
    i got an awesome 2.35:1 constant height setup so i can play pong on my atari. Black and white has never looked so vivid.

  16. #16
    AR ELITE MEMBER
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornb17
    so the post is a joke or what?
    I would just like to thank everyone on this review that responded to my questions as all of them were helpful in one way or another. It either showed that you could take a joke or that the gains on your common sense were turned all the way down. COME ON. I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF YOU GUYS REALLY WASTED YOUR BREATH FOR A SERIOUS RESPONSE ON THAT. But I think circuit city also has a forum for those of you.

  17. #17
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Ya it's the humor that keeps me coming back.

  18. #18
    asdf bjornb17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINLOGAN123
    I would just like to thank everyone on this review that responded to my questions as all of them were helpful in one way or another. It either showed that you could take a joke or that the gains on your common sense were turned all the way down. COME ON. I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF YOU GUYS REALLY WASTED YOUR BREATH FOR A SERIOUS RESPONSE ON THAT. But I think circuit city also has a forum for those of you.
    what the hell was that insult for?

  19. #19
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland area (Streamwood, IL)
    Posts
    489
    ML123 must be bored or lonely- one or the other.

  20. #20
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    42

    Leaky Plasma

    My TV leaks. Does can anyone recommend a good sealant? My friend recommended the radiator stuff at PepBoys diluted with keosene. Does this work?

  21. #21
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Now I wish we had not sold all that plasma for beer money in college. We would have plenty for those leaky sets.

  22. #22
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243

    Now seriously

    I have founf that HD 60 weight oil is best for replacing the plazma juice. But it can leave a messy build-up on the injectors. Spray a little WD40 or electrolite in the tips and they'll be fine.
    If that guy in the van comes around again please send him my way. I've been looking to upgrade my system.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:43 PM
  2. Jim White, Drill a Hole in the Substrate...
    By Dusty Chalk in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 08:16 AM
  3. March Music Madness: Wilco vs. The White Stripes
    By newtrix1 in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 05:54 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 06:08 PM
  5. Jack White assaults rival
    By MindGoneHaywire in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2003, 12:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •