Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    Yeah I understand that Feanor.

A system you've never heard is poop and a system you've never heard is what you salivate after. I have heard Genelec active speakers and Anthem Pre-Pro combinations before and after Paradigm took them over.

Although if you do go that route I would suggest ATC over Genelec. Or I should say - Audition it before you buy the Genelec.

This company is THE company for MC sound IME - so far. ATC Loudspeakers. ATC Monitors. ATC SCM. ATC Speakers. Manufacturers of speakers, monitors, drive units and amplifiers. Granted I have not heard a ton of them - on a budget M&K would be worth a listen as well. It's the speaker of choice of George Lucas - not B&W despite the hype.
    ATC would be well worth considering given the M/C and HT orientation I was talking about. I won't be getting much in the way of equipment upgrades in the near future, big or small.

When we're talking about hobbies, nobody is right or wrong. (That is, unless they hurt people or bankrupt their families.) So Audio Note or various other vinyl/tube/high-efficiency are valid if they appeal.

Suspended
    Sorry for the Double Revival of this thread, but I've changed my mind about the Triton 2's. After having attended T.H.E. Show in Newport and visiting the KEF room, I now positively lust after the Blades. Scary -real sounding from any spot in the room, including the doorway. If anyone has $30,000 they could "loan" me, they will immediately be added to my Christmas card list.

Oh, I'll also need an additional $10,000. These puppies require some serious amplification!
    Last edited by RoyY51; 07-14-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyY51 View Post
    Sorry for the Double Revival of this thread, but I've changed my mind about the Triton 2's. After having attended T.H.E. Show in Newport and visiting the KEF room, I now positively lust after the Blades. Scary -real sounding from any spot in the room, including the doorway. If anyone has $30,000 they could "loan" me, they will immediately be added to my Christmas card list.

Oh, I'll also need an additional $10,000. These puppies require some serious amplification!

This speaker by KEF is reported to have the same driver as the Blade minus the side mounted woofers. I would like to hear a pair.

KEF LS50
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what is your dream speaker...-untitled-kef.png  
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    Me too...I'm just afraid that my subwoofers would not integrate as well as the wondrous 4 side firing woofers on each Blade. But I'd be willing to give it a shot...

P.S....you don't happen to have $40,000 that you don't need...do 'ya?

Forum Regular

after spending time earlier this year listening to all type / price level speakers, here is my new favorite / dream speaker.

Aerial Acoustics Model 9 In Rosewood | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited by Tarheel_; 08-06-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: add pic

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel_ View Post
    after spending time earlier this year listening to all type / price level speakers, here is my new favorite / dream speaker.

Aerial Acoustics Model 9 In Rosewood | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Beautiful!
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

RGA
    Forum Regular
    The Little Kef was not very good at CAS - I had to leave it was pretty bad - no lows - brittle highs no depth poor dynamics - Plenty of far better sub $1000 speakers out there than the small Kef.. The Blade was much better and in a not so good room - in a better (smaller) room they could have been terrific I think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information