Forum Regular

Well...I've FINALLY narrowed my search

After quite a bit of time of researching, as well as auditioning multiple different speakers in stores with my favorite music (punk/rock/emo), I've narrowed my search down to the following bookshelf speakers:

Klipsch RB-25
    PSB Image B-15
    Paradigm Mini-monitors

Right now, I'm leaning towards the RB-25's, but I'm wondering if there are any others I should be checking out, or if I'm making a huge mistake in going for the Klipsch's. I liked the sound of them the best out of all the ones I've listened to, but one of the salespeople (in a store that didn't sell Klipsch speakers, mind you) said they were probably the most innaccurate speakers I had been looking at, and that after continuous use, they would eventually get tiring to the ear. Any thoughts? Thanks a bunch...

While I won't comment on any other speakers you should look at, as you have already done your homework and listening...

I *will* say that my recommendation is to go with what *your* ears have told you. That salesperson who made the anti-Klipsch statement has an obvious vested interest in his/her brands. Trying to cloud peoples' minds with BS about other brands just to prop up his/her own is pretty low in my opinion, and I would recommend not buying from him/her (even if you end up choosing those same speakers or others he/she carries). Good dealers let you listen to the music and let your own ears decide without feeling the need to diminish the competition.

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

Thread Information