AR Newbie Registered Member

volume db ? on sat speakers- help

hi

i have small sat speakers for my home cinema set. just wondering about what volume i should have set up for them, apart from the amp volume being average level, if i turn up the volume levels for speakers aswell having turned up at +8db is this to high for my small speakers will they blow, should i turn level down perhaps +1 or into - and just turn main volume up.

any advice would be great

cath

It would help to know what type of recevier/amp you are using.

Forum Regular
    It's hard to tell what you are trying to accomplish with your post. The only reason to adjust the volume per individual speaker is to make up for imbalances in the volume levels (like if you had different speakers for each channel, or to make up for room variations, etc.). Otherwise, set all the speakers to 0 dB (this is your reference level) and just use the master volume level to increase or decrease the volume equally accross all channels.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cath
    hi

i have small sat speakers for my home cinema set. just wondering about what volume i should have set up for them, apart from the amp volume being average level, if i turn up the volume levels for speakers aswell having turned up at +8db is this to high for my small speakers will they blow, should i turn level down perhaps +1 or into - and just turn main volume up.

any advice would be great

cath

What you need to do is level match all your speakers with the Radio Shack analog sound level meter and a test setup DVD. That is where you need to set them, equal loudness to all.
    mtrycrafts

Thread Information