Forum Regular

Vifa vs. Peerless?

If you were to choose between these two speakers:

Peerless 832556 (find details here http://www.d-s-t.com/peerless/data/832556.htm)
    and
    Vifa P17WG-00-06 (couldn't find details on DST site, I could only find parametres here http://hi-fi.go.ro/difuzoare/vifa/pages/P17WG-00-06.htm)

...which one would you choose?

Forum Regular
    Why would it matter which of these speakers I would choose?
    Remember, different isn't always better, but it is different.
    Keep things as simple as possible, but not too simple.
    Let your ears decide for you!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bturk667
    Why would it matter which of these speakers I would choose?
    How bored would someone have to be to find amusement in this kind of replies...?

Forum Regular
    Peerless and Vifa are sister companies. They are both known for their high value drivers. I have not heard that particular Peerless woofer but have heard several in their CSC-X and HDS lines, and was impressed. The Vifa woofer is extremely popular in DIY circles. You can find a ton of designs using it. If it were me, I would go with the Vifa just because it has a stellar reputation.

Forum Regular
    I'm planning to use one of those woofers in a 2-way low-budget pair of bass-reflex loudspeakers, combined with a Peerless tweeter. I've asked this question because they have about the same price, and performance theoretically seems to be the same. I've just thought that one of them had a particular plus or minus, that would help me take a decision.

Bturk's point is that since you aren't building these speakers for us, what does our opinion have to do with it? It's for you and your taste alone (or whoever you're building it for) so your ideal should be the goal. If you are asking about purely objective matters such as reliability and durability, that's one thing (they're both equally respected). If you are asking about sound quality, our opinion has no weight or value whatsoever. They're your ears and you should decide what you like.

Good luck on your project

go to the forum at partsexpress.com. They know what they;re talking about and tested just about every driver out there.

-Joey

Forum Regular
    It wasn't amusing at all, it's the truth! Again, why would it matter which one of these speakers would I choose?
    Remember, different isn't always better, but it is different.
    Keep things as simple as possible, but not too simple.
    Let your ears decide for you!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by This Guy
    go to the forum at partsexpress.com. They know what they;re talking about and tested just about every driver out there.

-Joey
    I would say the Madisound forum would be a better choice: http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/discuss.cgi. There, you will find the best DIY minds around like Dennis Murphy, Geoffrey Dillon, Dave Ellis, Danny Ritchie, George Short, Rick Craig.

codebutcher: Is this the first kit you are going to be building? If it is, you may want use one of the many highly regarded budget designs available. It's not that easy to design a proper crossover. If you want, I can make some recommendations for budget designs.

I wish I could help,I dont know enough though.Here is another site that may help..Good Luck
    http://www.diyaudio.com/

Thread Information