• 07-31-2004, 06:34 AM
    Geoffcin
    Things you see on Ebay....
    I'm always looking for vintage speakers, and this is something you don't see everyday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...712211160&rd=1

30" woofers anyone?!
  • 07-31-2004, 09:10 AM
    Worf101
    Now you know why....315 lbs???
    A Piece???!!!! Hey I love vintage and obsure speaks like nobody's business. Heck I'm listening to my computer on a pair of Logik nearfields and my rears are Allison 4's so I love the obscure and different in speakers But these bad boys yikes. No castors? Yipes. The size of a small block engine ala 289 Cu. In. Could you imagine moving those monsters on regular basis? And the price an't gonna help em move either. Don't cost nothing to look though... keep em comin. Thanks

Da Worfster :cool:
  • 07-31-2004, 02:43 PM
    topspeed
    Good Lord! Those EV's make K-horns looks positively petite by comparison. EV makes awesome concert monitors so it would be interesting to hear these. I'd wager they are pretty efficient to boot.

Interesting stuff. I'm a Peavey guy myself but I certainly respect EV. I never even knew they ventured into home equipment.
  • 07-31-2004, 03:15 PM
    Geoffcin
    My guess is that what this speaker is a complete EV movie theater rig set into a couple of furnature grade cabinets. My friend's band uses EV speakers and they are super efficient, so I bet this thing could blow out your windows with the right amp.

Worf;

Knew you'ld like it dude, this is the ultimate "not like Bose" speaker eh?!

Topspeed;

Hook these up to your PS Audio amp and watch "For Sale" signs sprout all over the neighbors lawns!
  • 07-31-2004, 04:10 PM
    Geoffcin
    This one's for mytycrft
    The ultimate in high-fidelity, and look ma no cables!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...738996128&rd=1
  • 07-31-2004, 06:42 PM
    kfalls
    I saw these back in the seventies. Very efficient, I believe they can be driven with as little as 1/2 watt. Definitely not for every living room, but a real contender to Klipsch' and ideal for SET.
  • 07-31-2004, 10:20 PM
    topspeed
    Geoff my friend, you spend waaay too much time online!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    The ultimate in high-fidelity, and look ma no cables!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...738996128&rd=1

Where do you dig up this stuff :D? Hey, even if you didn't use the onboard speakers, I'd bet you get some fun acoustics inside that thing with your speakers aimed right at it. Question: Am I the only one that thinks the ottoman looks an awful lot like another type of "throne?" Hell, it even has the stains on the bottom!
  • 08-01-2004, 06:44 AM
    Worf101
    No....
    Quote:

Worf;

Knew you'ld like it dude, this is the ultimate "not like Bose" speaker eh?!

Topspeed;

Hook these up to your PS Audio amp and watch "For Sale" signs sprout all over the neighbors lawns!
    Watch the Police come frist. Hook these suckah's up to some vintage Crown's and step back.

Nice find.

Da Worfster
  • 08-01-2004, 05:55 PM
    Geoffcin
    Hey dude
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101
    Watch the Police come frist. Hook these suckah's up to some vintage Crown's and step back.

Nice find.

Da Worfster

How long you been "Sg't at Arms"? That's one cool title! Makes you not want to post enough to make "Veteran member"
  • 08-01-2004, 07:08 PM
    Worf101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    How long you been "Sg't at Arms"? That's one cool title! Makes you not want to post enough to make "Veteran member"

Well they got this option now on your profile page, you can name yourself what you like. So I chose what I chose since I used to be a Sgt. in the Combat Engineers... many many years and pounds ago.
  • 08-11-2004, 11:34 AM
    jrflanne
    I remember those things. The only time I sat in the "egg", I knocked by head on is and bled.
  • 08-22-2004, 04:34 AM
    Geoffcin
    Setting up an HT setup?....what you need;
  • 08-23-2004, 05:50 AM
    Worf101
    Man you gotta call E.A.

Ebayer's Anonymous. You got too much time on your hands son. But I will say that those monsterous speakers in Utah look "interesting". How you gonna get a set of speakers that have to be dismantled and trucked cross country on flat bed trucks? They must have been from a Drive In movie theatre or outdoor music venue but they are amazingly large.

Thanks fer the interesting posts...

Da Worfster :p
  • 08-30-2004, 02:52 PM
    royphil345
    That's a "small damage"???
    I wouldn't pay a penny over $19,500.00 for those!!!
  • 09-04-2004, 08:22 AM
    Geoffcin
    Look what I found!
    Bet the neighbors take notice when you install these puppies in the den....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...718500951&rd=1

Planar tech + 12 woofer mahem. Who could ask for more!
  • 09-04-2004, 09:36 AM
    topspeed
    WOW! While I hate the cabinetry choice (walnut, uhg :p) if I had the room I'd consider taking a run at those. If those are true IRS's, they probably sound amazing...again if you have the room. They're only $2,200 w/ 4 days left so it will be interesting to see what they climb to. It won't be cheap.
  • 09-04-2004, 02:53 PM
    Worf101
    Yeah if I had the room...
    and a shipping company, and the two grand. I'd take a run at those. The cabinetry is nasty lookin' but that just might be the camera exposure. Sheesh. all dem drivers and planars... It would be interesting though...

Da Worfster :D
  • 09-16-2004, 04:44 PM
    Geoffcin
    This could possibly be....
    The best horn loaded speaker made. It certainly costs enough!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...721079865&rd=1
  • 05-01-2005, 03:56 AM
    Geoffcin
    Time for another installment of TYSOE!
    Hey, they even come with their own trailer!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...770643991&rd=1
  • 05-01-2005, 04:05 AM
    Geoffcin
    This one might be worth renting the trailer to go get it!
  • 05-01-2005, 04:19 AM
    drseid
    Quote:
    Yep, the Whispers are some of my all-time favorites.

---Dave
  • 05-01-2005, 10:33 AM
    Worf101
    Hey G!!!
    Quote:
    I saw dem on the bay about a week a go and wias really drooling. and thanking about em... If I had the room and da Caish!!!!

Da Worfster :D
  • 07-15-2005, 02:06 PM
    Geoffcin
    Lucas will be selling these soon!
  • 07-15-2005, 02:20 PM
    MomurdA
    That is awesome. He even has a link to the directions with photos. I wonder if it sounds good or just loud.
  • 07-17-2005, 06:39 PM
    Worf101
    Rotflmbbao!!!
    Oh man oh man.. you gotta be kiddin' me. What people won't build, by and sell.. If I brought those into the house I'd be shot... Great link.. I love em. LOL... I'm dyin' here...

Da Worfster :eek: