Forum Regular

HSU vtf-3 vs. PARADIGM pw2200

I know that I should listen to both of these subs myself, but I just want to know if anyone has compared them already. I will be checking the HSU out soon (just found a Canadian dealer that sells them).

Lightbulb sub

Quote Originally Posted by VRDUB
    I know that I should listen to both of these subs myself, but I just want to know if anyone has compared them already. I will be checking the HSU out soon (just found a Canadian dealer that sells them).
    Try both of them and bring your own music .I got the Paradigm PS 1000 and this sub is great,also have a Dahlquist and is very good.Energy sub are also great ,compare .At the end of year they are lots of sale for new model .Pat.P

Forum Regular
    VRDUB

Paradigm makes a lovely and reasonably-priced Servo-15 sub. One of these should satisfy you for the rest of your life. Read up on servo-feedback control systems and you should get my drift.

Buying the best-performance and then keeping it is far less expensive than buying a lower-priced compromise-choice and then "trading up" every two or three years.........

Forum Regular
    Yeah, I'm gonna see if this HSU dealer will let me take one home to try out. I would still like to know if anyone has compared both these subs, these are the two I'm looking at,at this moment.

Talking I own HSU myself...

I've the VTF-3 and the VTF-2. I found the 3 to be excellent in my mid sized living room. It's wonderful, gets the job done right and tight. It blends seamlessly with my Platinum Audio Studio 3's, handling just enough bottom end for music and rattling the house for movies. I love it. Been using it 3 plus years without a hitch and the company's service is second to none. Hell they just sent me a happy birthday email to boot.

Da Worfster

Forum Regular

I own a VTF3 MKII...

VRDUB

I own both VTF2 (version 1), VTF3 MKII and recently sold my Paradigm PW-2200. Having owned these subs, I must tell you the HSU subs were better sounding, IMHO. The PW-2200 has some hefty output, but the VTF-3 is a rare combination of visceral power and refined sound, just more articulate than the PW-2200. Even the VTF-2 reproduces the ship flybys in the opening scene of Star Wars Episode II: "Attack of the Clones" with more realism and just as loud.

I like the Hsu subs better, but the PW-2200 is a great sub in its own right, just not articulate enough...

-Luis

Forum Regular
    Thanks Luis31. What is the rest of your speaker system? I'm running Paradigm Mon. 7's and the matching center, diploes. Just want to know if these subs will blend well with the Monitor series or does it all depend on how it's set up? Basically is it easier to blend the PW2200 simply 'cause it is made by the same manufacture as the rest of my system? Noob question

Forum Regular

timbre matching...

Thanks Luis31. What is the rest of your speaker system? I'm running Paradigm Mon. 7's and the matching center, diploes. Just want to know if these subs will blend well with the Monitor series or does it all depend on how it's set up? Basically is it easier to blend the PW2200 simply 'cause it is made by the same manufacture as the rest of my system? Noob question
    Has more to do with your speakers high frequency and midrange drivers than it does with the low frequency drivers. Therefore, you don't need to buy a subwoofer from the same manufacturer of the rest of your speakers.

With proper subwoofer location, setup, and calibration, you should be able to blend pretty much any subwoofer with your speakers. As to my speakers go, I have Paradigm Monitor 9 v2, Mini Monitors v2, CC-370 v2 and HSU VTF-2 (MK I) in one system, then I have Studio 80's v2, 2 pairs of Studio 20's v2, ADP-370 v3, CC-570, and Hsu VTF-3 MKII on another system.

-Luis

Forum Regular
    Thanks for your help guys, off to do some listening, let the fun begin

Thread Information