Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Subs anyone?

Forum Regular
    I've heard the Sony in question at Circuit City right next to a $300 Velodyne. The Velodyne blows it out of the water. The Velodyne DPS series is not even close.

Anyhow, the Sony sounds like a $200 sub should sound: loud and sloppy. You can't distinguish one sound from another. All it does is rumble. For $200 it does play louder and deeper than I would expect. I assume the "rave reviews" on this sub are from those who just don't know any better.

The $300 Velodyne and Athena subs are in another class. Maybe not as loud, but they actually produce something that sounds nice.
    Last edited by zepman1; 01-17-2006 at 10:55 AM.

[QUOTE=zepman1] I assume the "rave reviews" on this sub are from those who just don't no any better. [QUOTE]

Yes, the unejucated

Forum Regular
    I guess the point is, I don't think anyone here is going to recommend that (or any other) Sony. But, you really need to listen to it for yourself. If you like it just as much as the other more expensive subs, then by all means get the Sony. Get a damn Quiznos sub if that sounds better to you. Some people really appreciate the low frequency extension of ham and turkey on toasted wheat bread.

Don't get something because its what some idiot on a message board told you to get. Just get whatever makes you happy, whether it costs $200 or $2000.

Quote Originally Posted by zepman1
    Some people really appreciate the low frequency extension of ham and turkey on toasted wheat bread.
    Are you trying to kill me? That was great!
    Would a club burger be just as good?
    Should I use mustard or mayo?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Yeah that was pretty funny!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information