Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dakatabg
    I have one StudioLab speaker home in great condition but I don't know anything about it! It doesn't even say the model on it nothing!

Here you can see a picture of it! Can you tell me the exact model and how much it goes for?

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...Lab%20Speaker/
    That's a nice looking speaker. It looks like you've been taking very good care of it.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with the model number. But if you go to www.studiolab.ca you can contact them directly and they will be able to help you. Its a family owned business and they are very nice and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by anamorphic96
    The Studio 60's are a wonderful speaker and have always been one of Paradigm's best speakers. One thing to keep in mind though is they really like good amplification to sound their best. Your JVC will do the job but you will not be be realizing their full potential with it. It will be kind a like having a Corvette with a 4 cylinder engine. I don't mean to be rude or mean I just like to be honest so your not disapointed. I use to own the Studio 40's and noticed a big improvement when I upgraded to better amplification. When you look into receivers in the future make sure you look at something with a solid amp section. The midrange Denon and Marantz units would be a good choice.

Another option would be to go with the M9's. They recently received a glowing review in the Absolute Sound. So they might be worth looking at.
    We're definately going to upgrade the amp from the JVC, but since we've taken a jump in our speaker budget, the amp will have to wait until, at least, the fall. Unless I really hate the new speakers on the JVC, then I might be able to scrounge up some extra cash sooner.

I didn't like the tweeter on the M7s. And the M9 and M11s use the same tweeter. So we ruled them out. As of last night we decided on the Studio 60s and will probably go and order them later today.

Chicago IL
    Thanks you "ForeverAutumn" I will contact them and see what they will tell me! It is really a nice speaker but the bad thing is I have only one!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    We're definately going to upgrade the amp from the JVC, but since we've taken a jump in our speaker budget, the amp will have to wait until, at least, the fall. Unless I really hate the new speakers on the JVC, then I might be able to scrounge up some extra cash sooner.

I didn't like the tweeter on the M7s. And the M9 and M11s use the same tweeter. So we ruled them out. As of last night we decided on the Studio 60s and will probably go and order them later today.
    Thats a great choice in speakers. It will bring you many years of enjoyment. Plus they sound great with all types of music. Enjoy !!! Keep us posted on your new amp purchase in the future.

Chicago IL
    That's a nice looking speaker. It looks like you've been taking very good care of it.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with the model number. But if you go to www.studiolab.ca you can contact them directly and they will be able to help you. Its a family owned business and they are very nice and helpful.
    I contacted studiolab.ca and they sent me this:

That's very bizzare as its not a model that we every produced. There is
    another speaker company under the name of Studio Lab in France, but as
    far as I know they are a relatively new speaker company and going by the
    looks of the one in those pictures, they'd have to be 25+ years old.
    Sorry I can't help you out more then that, if you do happen to find
    where they are made I'd love to hear back.

Regards,

Mike Vince
    StudioLAB

I contacted studiolab.ca and they sent me this:

That's very bizzare as its not a model that we every produced. There is
    another speaker company under the name of Studio Lab in France, but as
    far as I know they are a relatively new speaker company and going by the
    looks of the one in those pictures, they'd have to be 25+ years old.
    Sorry I can't help you out more then that, if you do happen to find
    where they are made I'd love to hear back.

Regards,

Mike Vince
    StudioLAB
    Mike Vince is one of the owners. That's really strange. I wonder if its from a different company who just had a series of speakers that they named Studio Lab. Like Paradigm has the Monitor series and Studio series, etc.

I thought that I would try to help you and did a google search. But all I found was your Craigs List listing. LOL!

Chicago IL
    Mike Vince is one of the owners. That's really strange. I wonder if its from a different company who just had a series of speakers that they named Studio Lab. Like Paradigm has the Monitor series and Studio series, etc.

I thought that I would try to help you and did a google search. But all I found was your Craigs List listing. LOL!
    I know and now I have a speaker from another unknown company named StudioLab! The speaker is nice and it sounds good by the way!

I know and now I have a speaker from another unknown company named StudioLab! The speaker is nice and it sounds good by the way!
    Do you have this hooked up to a system? Not sure what good having only one speaker is, unless you want a behemoth center channel speaker or listen to old 78 mono shellacs.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Chicago IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    Do you have this hooked up to a system? Not sure what good having only one speaker is, unless you want a behemoth center channel speaker or listen to old 78 mono shellacs.
    No it just says in the storage room! I listened to it couple of times and it sounds good! I played it on a Fisher CA-880 amplifier!

AR Newbie Registered Member
    foreverautumn send me pics of speaker. I need replacement for my speakers.

rogerramjet911@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rogerramjet
    foreverautumn send me pics of speaker. I need replacement for my speakers.

rogerramjet911@gmail.com
    Welcome to AudioReview.

Many speakers were discussed in this thread, all from reputable speaker companies, so I'm sure that you can find pictures on-line. I don't send emails to strangers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information