Forum Regular

Lightbulb speaker,amp or monitor advice....

How ya all doing? I would greatly apprecaite it if some one can help me out with some information/advice. What I'am looking for is more sound, a louder and clarity sound through my stereo system. I need something to make it louder with good clarity. Do I buy a sound system monitor or a power amp or something else? Is there some kind of speaker that I can get? I'm not sure which may to go and some one knows what I mean (I might not of explained it thourghly enough)and they can help me out. Thanks!
    I have a Denon Reciever (1604 or 1804 I have to check when I get home) with Bose book shelve speakers (201v series, they suck). Volume and Clarity are my #1 things so what are the things I need to check out 1st? Do I have to make sure my reciever and speakers can handle a certain power? Do I go with Just getting more of a better expansive speakers or can I go go and get a (rather do) amp or monitor for more of a louder sound system?
    Thanks.

Not sure what you're talking about with a monitor? Your TV shouldn't have any effect on the audio.

First thing I would do is upgrade the speakers. Then if you need more power get a seperate power amp. You can get a good 6 channel amp for less than $1000 and that will handle an entire 5.1 system. What's your upgrade budget? How big is your room?

Forum Regular

speaker,amp or monitor advice....

Thanks for the help....

I'm not hooking it up to my T.V. & it's not through 5.1 system. I thought with like 2 way monitors or something that it could boost the sound up (for ex:Carvin makes Carvin model 973 3 way monitors ) My budget is from about $100. - $500. and I think my basement size is about 37L x 18W .

You want volume and clarity, eh?

Klipsch, all the way. Highly efficient, and the horn tweet is right up your alley. It will probably make your current receiver sound like a brand new unit.

Give 'em try.

Thread Information