Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Forum Regular
    i'm using the pre too.. i'm using the tad-60 as a power amp only, volume is on 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I wouldn't care what a speaker looked like if it sounded good enough. It's like women at closing time, you won't see them in the dark and hopefully the music is intoxicating enough your mind won't worry about the looks
    I would agree. I would give up looks for sound quality any day. when I close my eyes and hear the music I don't really care what the speakers look like if they make me feel like I am right there at the performance. I guess I am a different kind of audiophile. Performance over looks any day. If you like them go with them and to h%^& with what they look like as long as they don't completely distract from the rest of your system.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by harley .guy07
    I would agree. I would give up looks for sound quality any day. when I close my eyes and hear the music I don't really care what the speakers look like if they make me feel like I am right there at the performance. I guess I am a different kind of audiophile. Performance over looks any day. If you like them go with them and to h%^& with what they look like as long as they don't completely distract from the rest of your system.
    Nothing wrong with either point of view: it is up the individual to decide whether looks plays a part... Many persons have tastefully decorated living rooms and would not be willing to spoil the appearance with a truly hideous piece of gear... Some have a man-cave dedicated solely to HiFi, so looks are irrelevant to them... there is no right or wrong... just personal choice....

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    there is no right or wrong... just personal choice....
    agreed, it's just a matter of preference!

Suspended
    Good point, location, location, location, it would make a difference if it's the "man cave" vs the main living room. Early in the marriage before I had the "man cave" I had picked out a pair of Electro Voice speakers but the wife didn't quite agree that road carpet fit our decor. So I moved on and ended up with a pair of Infinity Kappa 7's. I didn't regret the switch but totally different sound. In the long run I may have been better off.

Forum Regular
    picked up a pair of Meadowlark Kestrel 2's

anyone heard meadowlark speakers before? i am extremely impressed, especially for the price i got them at

Suspended
    Never got to listen to any. How do they compare to the Fritz?

Forum Regular
    i'm back!

here's what my room looks like currently:
    peachtree decco 2 -> tube audio design tad-60 -> sonus faber grand piano home

as for the past few months.. i shall give a short summary/update later

You are certainly not afraid to try different gear. My kinda guy.

When I auditioned SF Grand Piano with Rotel separates at a local dealer 5 years ago, I thought it sounded very colored or veiled. I've always thought it was due to the listening room, but never had ways to find out the truth.
    I look forward to reading your review and how they sound with your gear combo.

Have Fun,
    JRA

Suspended
    Welcome back. What happen to the Fritz? Now Sonus Faber?

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Update please. This has been a very enjoyable thread for the most part. Did you ever hear the tower version of the Carbon 7?

Suspended
    Yeah, what is going on? A shop in town just picked up Sonus Faber and I'm anxious to hear them. I'm sort of looking for speakers, I still like the Dyn's but playing with the Klipsch have me looking for something more efficient than the Dyn's while still having the refinement. I want a more effortless sound. But I'm in no hurry.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread Information