Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The cost means diddley squat. The specs mean diddley squat. Amateur reviewers on Amazon have probably never a good speaker so their opinions mean diddley squat.

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    Well what if I got a pair of JBL N28 instead would that make any real difference on sound compairing the N26 I have to the N28? The frequency response is about the same on the two models I noticed. I could sell the N26 and get the N28 since someone is selling them on ebay now. Or do you think I should keep the N26?
    To upgrade, going to the larger speaker in the N series isn't the answer. An upgrade path would be the S series.

Look into my eyes, boy...

SVI, save a few more dollars and buy any one of these speakers which will be better than both the JBL and Sony's.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ENC300

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ATLS300

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ENC200

The 2 energy speakers are a great buy and sound much better than anything you are looking at. And they have a 30day money back guarantee.

Do yourself a favor and forget about the Sony's. You will end up getting rid of them just like you did with all the other junk speakers you have bought and we told you not too. We are just being honest and trying to help you. We all started out with inexpensive equipment at some point in time and have experience here. Sometimes I wonder if you are just yanking our chains.

I guess the saying "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" applies here!
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Dude, why did you bother to post for advice? All you want to do is argue about it. Buy the bloody things and if you don't like them, return them. It's your time and your dime. I am done with this thread now...I saw a new thread for a guy wondering about a Fisher Price dac...

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Dude, why did you bother to post for advice? All you want to do is argue about it. Buy the bloody things and if you don't like them, return them. It's your time and your dime. I am done with this thread now...I saw a new thread for a guy wondering about a Fisher Price dac...
    Welcome to the surreal and incredibly bizarre world that is Spanking Vanillaice's threads. I'm still looking for the thread of all threads that I was mentioning a couple days ago.
    Last edited by audio amateur; 11-07-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks fer reelin' me in there, aa....I wuz about to haul off an'....Where the dump truck is my dadburn beer!?!

Well...at least SVI isn't running one of those threads where the OP says he's looking for some high end speakers and then we eventually find out he thinks high end can be had for $200.

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    I do know I use to own the JBL S26 speakers and I really liked them but I did misstake and sold those and to think of it the JBL N28 might be the closest to the JBL S26 since the specs are closer to it.

Or is the JBL N26 I have is the closest speakers to the JBL S26 since both are 6in woofers?

I really liked the S26 alot but 4 years agao I sold them I think they were probley the best and they were in the studio series line.
    Last edited by SpankingVanillaice; 11-07-2009 at 06:08 PM.
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

Welcome To the Twilight Zone!!!!!!
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Parasound A21 amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Huh??? What are you saying? Do you think I' am joking? I really wish I could of kept the JBL S26 I had it was the best speakers I had. So I was wondering if I should get the N28 or is the N26 I have the closest to the JBL S26?
    Dallas's Forums

I wish I could change this topic but now I want to find the closest speakers to the JBL S26 I had. I think the N28 might be closer since the specs are close but I don't know.
    Dallas's Forums

SVI, cant you look past JBL's to greater dinosaur pastures. Open your mind Little GrassHopper. Expand your horizons and strive for something greater. Listen to the people on this forum!
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Parasound A21 amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Is the JBL S26 too old? I thought they are still great speakers. The N28 seems like it's closer to it but it has a 8in woofer so it is bigger than the S26 that had 6in woofer. But since mine is made of high end plastic does it make a difference if it was wood like the N28? Or it won't make much difference.
    Dallas's Forums

I like the S26 very well...old or not. The N28 might be about as good, but the sound is tighter in the S series. I have a pair of S38 and I'd trade a pair straight up for a pair of S26 if I could find someone interested.

So you think the N28 is closer to the S26? So that means the N26 I have isn't the closest to S26? In that case then I should probley sell the N26 and get the N28 that someone is selling at on Ebay. Or does the N26 I have sound close enough to N28?
    Dallas's Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    So you think the N28 is closer to the S26? So that means the N26 I have isn't the closest to S26? In that case then I should probley sell the N26 and get the N28 that someone is selling at on Ebay. Or does the N26 I have sound close enough to N28?
    I wouldn't bother upgrading within the N series. I would upgrade to the S series.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    I wouldn't bother upgrading within the N series. I would upgrade to the S series.
    noob, I'm aware that there is a possibility of you enjoying this rambling thread.

As your friend I feel compelled to advise you of it's enevitable outcome, you hanging in a noose while this guy continues to looks for JBL speakers...

noob, I'm aware that there is a possibility of you enjoying this rambling thread.

As your friend I feel compelled to advise you of it's enevitable outcome, you hanging in a noose while this guy continues to looks for JBL speakers...
    No worries. It's not causing me any harm. It's better than arguing about socialized medicine.

No worries. It's not causing me any harm. It's better than arguing about socialized medicine.
    OK, just keep in mind I have a big warm hug and a box of tissues waiting for you. LOL. Hey BTW, a more interesting topic than the Neverending Speaker Story...

My copy of Bad Benson had a wicked deformity in the first track. A bump so big it served as a Dukes of Hazzard style lauching pad for the 2M. I had been told by a couple of different guys to put the album under a good sized pile of records and it would reshape itself.

Low and behold, I put it inside 2 large squares of off cut mellamine, slightly bigger than the LP itself. On top of that I put 75 lbs of weight and left it for a week. I took it out today and it's straight as an arrow!!

Vinyl truly is the greatest format...that Benson album has never sounded so good. Still haven't got my Live in LA yet.

OK, just keep in mind I have a big warm hug and a box of tissues waiting for you. LOL. Hey BTW, a more interesting topic than the Neverending Speaker Story...

My copy of Bad Benson had a wicked deformity in the first track. A bump so big it served as a Dukes of Hazzard style lauching pad for the 2M. I had been told by a couple of different guys to put the album under a good sized pile of records and it would reshape itself.

Low and behold, I put it inside 2 large squares of off cut mellamine, slightly bigger than the LP itself. On top of that I put 75 lbs of weight and left it for a week. I took it out today and it's straight as an arrow!!

Vinyl truly is the greatest format...that Benson album has never sounded so good. Still haven't got my Live in LA yet.
    That Benson album I picked up yesterday is outstanding. You got "Willow Weep For Me"?

That Benson album I picked up yesterday is outstanding. You got "Willow Weep For Me"?
    On CD. My vinyl Benson collection is thin right now. I am trying to round out the CTI stuff, not too sure how mcuh of the WB years I really want. Like I told you, I bought Encore and was basically disappointed. Finyl Vinyl, that online Canuck site has a few more titles that I want. In a few weeks I hope to have most of the essential stuff. Which one did you get again? I know you have In Flight, I personally love that album, alot of people feel that was the beginning of the end for him.

On CD. My vinyl Benson collection is thin right now. I am trying to round out the CTI stuff, not too sure how mcuh of the WB years I really want. Like I told you, I bought Encore and was basically disappointed. Finyl Vinyl, that online Canuck site has a few more titles that I want. In a few weeks I hope to have most of the essential stuff. Which one did you get again? I know you have In Flight, I personally love that album, alot of people feel that was the beginning of the end for him.
    The one I got yesterday is Willow.

The one I got yesterday is Willow.
    Right, I didn't make the connection from your post. Tired. Glad you're enjoying his stuff, picked up some Billy Preston. If you like organ it's a really fun album. Billy's Bag.

Darn, I was wanting to piss of a few more people!
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Parasound A21 amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP