Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    RGA
    Forum Regular
    Woochifer.

I think I get what you are saying. Unfortunatetly I can't get across in words it would seem the experience of listening to the 100 in the same room as the E. I think when i say noticing soundstage and imaging it is less about this but noticing the difficency in other areas where it then becomes a draw to focus on those aspects. Certainly I notice when the pinao is center right and the cello is center and the backing vocals or drums or sax is right or further back. So yes this is noticed because it cannot not be noticed...but I don;t think I can really clearly articulate this in a way for it to make meaning...one can explain Beethoven on a sheetof paper but until you actually hear him the experience simply cannot be conveyed. And the implication I would give off by saying those aspects are not as important would be that the speakers I like don't tell you where instruments are in space. I think I'm saying, and what a certain designer I happen to like, is saying is that it is better to distinguish soundstaging differences across recordings rather to buy a speaker that has a soundstaging imprint and that the soundstaging is "on the record or cd" and not to be stamped largely by the speaker. Certainly speakers reveal differences between album to album of soundstaging and other aspects but to what and how effective a degree.

Pat
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 3db
    I threw a comment in there where I fail to understand why some listeners didn't like a neutral speaker. Pat D came back where he witnessed people preferring colored speakers over those that were neutral. I guess to each their own..But this got me thinking,, If a speaker is so accurate and so neutral, I could see alot of existing recordings start to irritate listeners due to poor recording quality. So suddenly, "the collection" has shrunk considerably.

a.) Has anyone expereinced this?
    b.) If the answer to a is "yes", where you able to reconcile yourself to just listen to the music for music's sake rather then listen to "definiton, coloruation, accurcay"
    c.) has down grading to a less accurate speaker become an option so that you could get the 'collection" back again?

Just curious
    I sort of consider my speakers somewhat revealing and on some recoedings it is very noticable. I don't think I would consider changing speakers just because I hear bad things in the disc, I usually just say wow...that is noticable and don't worry about it. A couple of discs I avoid sometimes because the background noise is pretty obvious.
    Have a good day.....Sez' Pat
    Denon 685 Receiver & 2900 Player, Sonographe 120 Amp, Klipsch RF7 Speakers, 2039+ svs Sub, 10gauge solid core copper cables

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information