AR Newbie Registered Member

reasonable priced home theater speaker system

Could anyone advise me on a resonable priced speaker system. I am currently replaceing my old speakers. I need 5speakers-2front mains,1 center, and 2 rear. I have a sub I plan to keep. The current speakers at cervin vega at-8(old), and a cambridge soundworks satellites (all others),also a cambridge soundworks basscube 8. I would prefer the fronts to be floor standing speaker not small types.
    I would not like to spend above $400 with shipping if possible. I have looked hard at Fluance SX-HTB system; for the reviews all over the net are very positive. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by smittyman
    Could anyone advise me on a resonable priced speaker system. I am currently replaceing my old speakers. I need 5speakers-2front mains,1 center, and 2 rear. I have a sub I plan to keep. The current speakers at cervin vega at-8(old), and a cambridge soundworks satellites (all others),also a cambridge soundworks basscube 8. I would prefer the fronts to be floor standing speaker not small types.
    I would not like to spend above $400 with shipping if possible. I have looked hard at Fluance SX-HTB system; for the reviews all over the net are very positive. Any help would be appreciated.
    Best thing is to go audition some.Only your ears can tell.I never buy on review ,but will audition and see if they suit me.

Thread Information