HOWLING AT THE MOON HECKLERANDKOCH40's Avatar

Question Looking for comparisons on subs

I currently own all polk speakers including my sub which is a psw 350 100 watts 10 inch woofer my oher speakers consist of one pair of rti 150's one center channel of csi 3 still working on on surround but my reciever is a HK 7200 and a HK AMP 2000 tv is a hitachi 51 inch hdtv monitor.

so my basic question is should i get rid of my psw 350 and go with SVS or some other brand and if so of going with a SVS should i go cylinder or box please if you have the time i would like answers into what is the difference in box or cylinder or some other brand.

thank you

what's wrong with your current sub?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy
    what's wrong with your current sub?
    Nothing that I am aware of still has 2 years warrenty on it. don't get me wrong i love polk but sometimes
    it seems to have a mind of it own. and no matter how i try to set it up i always get a deep ground shattering boom and all i really want is a smooth slow/medium bass. plus not only that but i can't get down into the lower megahertz like i could with a SVS and the other good thing i think and i maybe wrong is the fireing point is up and down instead of front to rear bass

Forum Regular
    What is your budget and room size (dimensions)? Any openings into other rooms? If so, what size are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    What is your budget and room size (dimensions)? Any openings into other rooms? If so, what size are they?
    well my budget would be about 875.00 for the svs pc 2nd best one they make my room diamensions ar 22 by 16 and the only open part of my room is into the kitchen which is right of m main room that can be closed off when watching a movie and the open size of that hole is 6 foot by 6 foot room height is slanted 45 degree angle. basically i was thinking the SVS cylinder which is not as fat or big around it i taller which is fine. then if i get a box it is more damageable by by closet door that it would be sitting by.

Forum Regular
    That being the case, either the 25-31PC+ or 20-39PC+ should do well for you. The ideal compromise would be to go for the 25-31PC+ and get a Behringer Feedback Destroyer for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    That being the case, either the 25-31PC+ or 20-39PC+ should do well for you. The ideal compromise would be to go for the 25-31PC+ and get a Behringer Feedback Destroyer for it.
    what is a behringer feedback destoryer. and can you tell me what is is used for and about how they cost.

Thread Information