Old AR guy, reincarnated.

Polk Audio TSi100

I purchased a pair of these Polk bookshelf speakers today in the cherry finish. Will be delivered next week. They have been receiving great reviews. They will be replacing my 20 year old AR holographics, which will reside in my daughter's bedroom. I bought those AR's new in 1990. They are a fantastic speaker. But I am guessing they are dated a little for today's standards. Let me know if you are interested in my findings and I'll post it. I am a musician and have a decent ear. But I am not getting any younger. If anyone has heard these or owns a pair let me know your thoughts also.
    Samsung 50" 1080p DLP w/LED light engine. Harmon Kardon AVR 635, Denon DVD-1920, Sony PS3, Athena F2.2 Fronts, Athena C2 Center, Acoustic Research M1 Holographic Rears, Polk Audio TSi100 rears. Dual SVS PB12 NSD Subwoofers Stacked. Direct TV HD receiver. 10 gauge speaker wiring, Subs are cabled by Cobalt, The rest of my cables are Monster and Monoprice.

Chicago IL
    Which model did you buy of the Polk bookshelf speakers?

You should see a difference in the sound now!

I bought the Polk model TSi100's. I will not receive them until late this week. Feb. 4-6. I have not received the tracking info as of yet.
    Samsung 50" 1080p DLP w/LED light engine. Harmon Kardon AVR 635, Denon DVD-1920, Sony PS3, Athena F2.2 Fronts, Athena C2 Center, Acoustic Research M1 Holographic Rears, Polk Audio TSi100 rears. Dual SVS PB12 NSD Subwoofers Stacked. Direct TV HD receiver. 10 gauge speaker wiring, Subs are cabled by Cobalt, The rest of my cables are Monster and Monoprice.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    I recently converted my MBR HT to all Polk speakers. I do not own the TSi100's but looking at the specs they are very similar to the R150's that I are currently use or the R15's I used to use. The TSi's have a obviously nicer cabinet and a slightly larger tweeter,

It was the quality of sound from the R15's that turned my attention to Polk. I think you will be impressed with their sound and satisfied with your choice. Music wise I'd say they do accoustic and jazz best. Bass is pretty good for cabinet of that size but the addition of a subwoofer would really fill out the bottom end.

Good luck and let us know what you think of them once you give them a listen.
    Last edited by thekid; 01-31-2010 at 11:15 AM.
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

I run 2 SVS PB12NSD's subwoofers for my lower frequencies. The Polk's will be set to "small" crossing @ 80. I listen to mostly heavy/speed metal. At high volumes. I do throw a blue-ray movie in from time to time. I mainly use it for music/direct tv. When i give them a listen I will let you all know what I think.

Thread Information