Forum Regular

Question paradigm studio 60v2 or studio 20v3

Don't know if I should go with the floorstander 60 v2 or the new stand mount 20 v3.
    Any recommendation and or suggestion out there ?

cam
    Once you add the added price of some nice stands you might as well go for the floorstanders. I had the same decision when I was deciding on the monitor 7's or mini monitors. Besides floorstanders look better then small speakers on stands in my opinion.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    That depends on what treble response YOU like better. Some say the newer series is an improvement...can't say have not heard it yet...better is sujective.

The 60 will have significantly more bass. BUT if you're using a sub or plan to maybe you don't need more in the 60 and then perhaps the standmount's inherent advantages, speed delicacy clarity positioning etc are more important. I liked the 40,60 and 100 a heckuva lot more than the Studio20 V2.

But it's what you like that matters.

I would audition a LOT of speakers, ignore reviews and go strictly by the sound of music to your ear. Too many people buying speakers with 20 min auditions because a review said they were good. The reviews say everything is good - and guess what - everything isn't which means that the reviews are actually wrong for many people's needs and likes.

Quote Originally Posted by alcamaya
    Don't know if I should go with the floorstander 60 v2 or the new stand mount 20 v3.
    Any recommendation and or suggestion out there ?

Alcamaya! For the luva Pete, will you get your bum off the computer and into some stereo shops already! You're splitting hairs between the V2's and V3's, the CDM1NT's, 7NT's, and 603s3's, and God knows what else. Who cares what we recommend???

WE CAN'T DECIDE FOR YOU

It's that simple. Narrowing a list down is one thing, but brother it's time to grab your tunes and start listening already. In the weeks you've been asking for advice, you could have auditioned all of them and been happily listening to whatever you bought on your own system. Make the decision based on YOUR preferences and feel satisfied. You're making this waaaay more complex than it has to be. It's about the music, remember?

Let us know how it works out.

Good luck.

Forum Regular

what speaker

i was in your same boat. i listened to the 20 v2 and v3 next to each other and wished i hadnt as i like the v3 much better in the treble response.could have got some v2 demos for 400 for the pair but waited to long. then i went to another store and they had some 60 v2 with a teeny scratch on the side. i listened to those next to the monitor 7 and there was a huge difference in clarity and seperation. i went with the 60 v2 as i got for 330 each speaker and i would have been looking at 900 for the pair of 20 v3 with stands and that is discounted. my kids would have probably knocked over the 20's anyway. price made me do it. i love the 60 's they sound much better at home than in store. i still use a small sub with the 60's and i like what it adds but remember ,thats what i like.

That really would depend on what you're looking for. If the bass extension trumps all other considerations, then the Studio 60 would be the no brainer. For most other considerations, I would opt for the Studio 20 v.3. In my listenings with the v.3 models, I've noted that the imaging coherency and the overall tonal balance is noticeably improved with the v.3 models over the v.2. I've been especially impressed with the Studio 20 v.3 because of its huge soundstage and seamless imaging capabilities. At least with those traits, the new 20 is better than anything I've heard in its price class, and approaches what panel speakers are capable of, only without their drawbacks.

The bass extension and punchiness of the Studio 20 v.2 is more active than the v.3, but the v.3 has a more even overall tonal balance and seems to differentiate out the sounds better.

Give them a listen if you can. That's really the only way that you can figure out which model meets your needs better. Asking us for opinions just muddies up the waters.

Forum Regular
    I read your review of the 20v3 so I figured I'd give it a listen. I listened to the 60v2 as well but I think I have to agree with you that the 20v3 has a much superior imaging than the 60v2. The bass response on the 60v2 was really not much different than the 20v3, but then again that might be because of the equipment connected to it that has a lower quality than the one connected to the 20v3. But I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank you and all of you guys out there who took the time to reply on my sometimes silly questions. Many thanks for the input. And you know what, I am picking up a pair of the 20v3's in rosenut tomorrow!!!!!

Thread Information