AR Newbie Registered Member

Need RF-83 boxes! Help! Klipsch laughed...

Ok, my RF-83's are living in OK and I need them to relocate to VA. There are no boxes and custom packaging is going to kill me. Does anyone have a couple of RF-83 and, maybe, an RC-62 box gathering dust in a basement or attic?

If I can find them I'll ship them to OK and pay you for your trouble. The seller doesn't want to mess with packaging them himself. So, I don't want to lose this deal to a lcoal buyer.

Thanks for any help you all can give.

David

ps Klipsch laughed when I called and asked to buy boxes- saying "and you didn't buy these from the dealer?" Nice!
    Last edited by ROADSTIR; 04-02-2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: forgot to add something. thx

Could it be time for a weekend road trip?
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

doesn't sound like good CS from Klipsch if they just laughed at you.

Joe E~

The seller gets a freight discount, so it would be about $100-$120 to ship all 3 speakers. It's just the %#$^ packing. I'm surprised someone here doesn't have some boxes sitting around. But hey, I took a shot.

18.8 hours Ugh! I Mapquested it last night. About $220 in fuel in my 4-Runner.

$220 in fuel in my 4-Runner
    37 hours of drive time
    1 catchuponmysleep day

AA~

To be fair, I called them myself and asked. The guy said they don't make them here, so he has no boxes. Then, a really nice local dealer called and tried to order some for me. The guy told her they weren't available. The she said he laughed and asked her why she was helping since I didn't buy them from her. You're right about the CS. That kind of turned me off. This is a big purchase for me. I'd always heard great things about Klipsch. Now I've got a little bit of a shadow in the back of my mind. What kind of a rep do they have with customers? Is there a history of "They're yours now?"

I've not heard anything bad about Kipsch and customer service but I'm sure if you dig deep enough you can dig up some dirt.

Did you already commit, even verbally to the seller, to buying these?

You'd be much better off getting another car for such a long drive. Even renting one would be a good option versus a 4Runner.

Yep, I've already paid for them. In my haste, I didn't fully appreciate how much it would be to have them shipped. Both the RF-83's and the RC-62 are 8 months old and cost me $1800. Not bad.

Thread Information