Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Up & Coming Bottlehead jt1stcav's Avatar
    Lakeland, inbetween Tampa and Orlando, Florida
    Your fiance purchased a unique pair of loudspeakers that others work their entire lives to own. They're the epitome of world-class horn technology that's still affordable compared to other horn-loaded equivalents (not very many) that are many thousands more! He obviously bought his Belle Klipsch for a very specific reason (excellent sound quality with perhaps low-powered tube amps), and would not want to trade down just to satisfy any room decor. Paradigms are excellent loudspeakers in their own right, but sound totally different from the Belles, so I can understand him not wanting them (plus they may not be the right choice for the amplification he has).

This is not an easy choice...to want him to sell them for something more conforming to the decor of the room. Relationships are always put to the test and compromises sometimes have to be made, but the Belle Klipsch are part of your fiance like an extention of his body. Making him sell his big horns would be like having him cut off an ear or a finger. Let him keep what he worked so hard to obtain...maybe in the future he'll be able to relocate his entire system to another room, and the room they're in now will be more to your liking. If you love him so, you have accepted him into your life, warts and all, for better or for worse. You need to accept his Klipsch as well. Put yourself in his shoes and imagine how you'd feel if he wanted you to get rid of all the furniture in that room.

Just a thought...good luck!
    Last edited by jt1stcav; 09-03-2006 at 08:25 PM.
    ~ Jim Tidwell ~

"Uh, jazz flute is for little fairy boys." - Veronica Corningstone

Quote Originally Posted by CindyC
    They dont sound bad but are simply to BIG for our living room.
    The secret to the success of my twenty year marriage to a wonderful lady and keeping seven foot tall speakers is to have a separate listening room. It wasn't long after we got married that we finished the basement in our first house to place the monoliths. She got her living room. I got my music.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyC
    .How can I convince him that these speakers while much smaller are excellent choices?
    If he's anything like me, then my guess is that you cannot.

rw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information