Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nightflier

This is a good point

Quote Originally Posted by astravitz
    ...I also would never recommend wall mounting quality speakers....
    I have not yet purchased speakers. I'm waiting on a pair of Ascend Acoustics CBM170s and a pair of Rocket RS150s to arrive and we're going to compare them. In the mean-time we are using my own Klipsch RB-3's sitting on top of a pair of plaster plant stands held together with blutac. It's not an idea setup but it allows us to try different speakers near the position of the wall mount. The Klipsch's are right for this application, but they were not being used and we're still waiting on the other speakers to arrive.

I suppose the main reason I did not want to spend an arm and a leg on the speakers is because I am loath to drill into really expensive cabinets (we'll see if that will be a problem with the Rockets). The Ascends are designed for this, so they may be the better option. One of the options we are considering is to mount a pair of small shelves. We might even be able to mount these at a slant and put a lip on the edge to keep the speaker from slipping.

In any case, all these speakers are too large to be mounted upright, so they will have to be on their sides.

I am farily certain that we will not be using a sub. That just complicates things too much.

a hell of an engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    I am farily certain that we will not be using a sub. That just complicates things too much.
    I think that both of the bookshelf speakers you and your uncle are auditioning will sound much better with a subwoofer. If price is an issue, I have two suggestions for lower cost alternatives to the Onix Rocket UFW-10.

The first is a combination of a Dayton 10" sub with a Behringer Feedback Destroyer. The advantages of this combo are lower cost, the ability to deal with multiple room peaks or dips and the option to purchase the combo in two steps with the second step optional.

The second is an Onix Rocket ULW-10. The advantages of this option are smaller size, better appearance and simpler setup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information